Neighborhoods without Alternate Side or Street Sweeping regulations

lilbluefoxie

If there is guess where I'll be parkin my car.

I'm pretty sure parts of Little Neck are like that if I remember right, and I read parts of Brooklyn near the bottom lack the alternate side/street sweeping rules. Its too bad there aint a map of where such rules exsist, but im sure thats locked away somewhere in the Sanitation Department office.

its more of a pain in the ass to get anywhere on Staten Island than it is on the outer boroughs, and if I want the quiet suburban type of place to live, I could just stay in Nassau county :P

That's true to a degree, but that depends on where you live on Staten Island. Some parts of the island are indeed walkable, but most folks are just too snobby to walk anywhere. I'm from Brooklyn, so it doesn't bother me to walk to and from the express bus even and I wallk up and hills everyday to get to my house from the bus. :cool:

P.S. Don't be fooled into thinking that some parts of the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn aren't a pain either. Riverdale is a rather long commute if you're not taking MetroNorth and while it is walkable, it certainly isn't as urban as other parts of the Bronx. The same is true about Country Club, Throgs Neck and a few other affluent areas of the Bronx. My old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay is about an hour on the express bus from Manhattan, which is about what my normal commute is to Staten Island from the city.

Actually, I originally thought he was excluding it because there was no alternate side parking in the borough (maybe in St. George, but even there I don't know if there's alternate side parking)

that I knew as well that a lot of the borough, especially in the more residential areas doesnt have ASP or SSR.

There is no Alternate Side Parking or street sweeping in my neighborhood except for the commercial avenue's.

As far as I know, Sheepshead Bay, parts of Gravesend and Marine Park areas do not have ASP/SSR unless it's on an avenue with commercial business like Avenue U.

Archived