What would you think of an extension of the BX24?

TriboroughBridge

I wanted to see how long it would take me to get from country club to midtown via the (2). it took me, surprisingly, about an hour and a half & a little less than 2 hours to Sterling St (even with all the delays due to the construction).

Now, I'm not a big fan of having to take 2 buses & then a train, but then again I'm not going to die from it. I had to take the Bx24 to Pelham Bay, transfer to the Bx12 & transfer to the (2).

Now I was thinking, would it be a crazy idea to extend the Bx24 to WPR or E 180 St?

I wanted to see how long it would take me to get from country club to midtown via the (2). it took me, surprisingly, about an hour and a half & a little less than 2 hours to Sterling St (even with all the delays due to the construction).

Now, I'm not a big fan of having to take 2 buses & then a train, but then again I'm not going to die from it. I had to take the Bx24 to Pelham Bay, transfer to the Bx12 & transfer to the (2).

Now I was thinking, would it be a crazy idea to extend the Bx24 to WPR or E 180 St?

Yeah not going to happen @ all.....the Bx24 was serve the complaining Country Club residents....extending it to White Plains Road or E. 180th Street is pointless!

Yeah not going to happen @ all.....the Bx24 was serve the complaining Country Club residents....extending it to White Plains Road or E. 180th Street is pointless!

nuff said beat me to it. The Bx12's frequency reduces the hassle of taking 2 buses due to high frequency @OP there is a fast bus called BXM8 try it

Now, I'm not a big fan of having to take 2 buses & then a train, but then again I'm not going to die from it.

I had to take the Bx24 to Pelham Bay, transfer to the Bx12 & transfer to the (2).

- No country club resident is gonna take the Bx24 to the Bx12 to the (2)... I can guarantee that.... They want no part of the 12.... They would rather deal with the 21 or the 31 to get to the hospitals - This is another reason they were pushing for westchester sq. a couple mos. ago.....

- No country club resident will go near pelham pkwy/white plains road; no reason for them to... for them, it's bad enough they have to go to Pelham Bay Park....

The(ir) answer for midtown service is the bx24 to the bxm8, for the ones that don't wanna be bothered w/ the (6)....

Extending the Bx24 to Pelham parkway 2/5 or E. 180th st 2/5 (lmao...) would be a waste of resources - Especially for the reason you're suggesting.... they would not be caught dead in either of those areas....

Can't make proposals based on what would necessarily benefit you & what you wouldn't mind doing..... you're not the person traveling to/from that area everyday..... I'm makin that statement, even though I can't stomach that community....

I think a better idea would be interlining the Bx24 with the Bx8. Country Club would get access to Westchester Square back while Laconia riders would have first-time bus access.

I proposed this in another thread, but I will repeat it one more time.

Bx8: extended north to 242nd St/Katonah Av

via Bronxwood/233rd/Katonah

Bx24: extended north to 241st St/Wakefield (2) station

via Westchester Av/Williamsbridge Rd/Laconia Av/225th St/Schieffelin Av/Baychester Av/241st St

you guys all make it sound as if these people are stuck up people who cant lower themselves down to these neighborhoods or to the subway, LOL.

With that statement, it's evident you clearly don't know the history of how incessant Country Club residents complain when it came to the (old) Bx14 & (current) Bx24..... They're not gonna standby & accept any ole extension... May wanna do some research, chief....

I think a better idea would be interlining the Bx24 with the Bx8. Country Club would get access to Westchester Square back while Laconia riders would have first-time bus access.

via Westchester Av/Williamsbridge Rd/Laconia Av/225th St/Schieffelin Av/Baychester Av/241st St

With you being a Bronxite & knowing how much you know about bus routes in general, You cannot be serious with that Bx24 proposal; Wakefield to Country club via edenwald projects on 30 min headways... I know you're hellbent on giving those folks up in NE Bronx more reliable service, but having do so via the bx24 route just is not, it.... There is no way that's gonna work w/o a headway decrease....

Regardless of the "riff raff" argument (as via garibaldi coined it) that would arise... a headway decrease would then yield CC patrons screaming "we don't want all these buses going through our neighborhood"....

Stopping some buses dead @ PBP, having came from 241st st won't be the answer either....

Let those folks have the 24 as is, or nothin at all....

you guys all make it sound as if these people are stuck up people who cant lower themselves down to these neighborhoods or to the subway, LOL.

That's because its true. They rejected the idea of having the revival of the Bx14 run back to Parkchester and hated the Bx8 with the loud buses + going outside their boundaries, hence why we have the Bx24 with one bus on the route every day from Pelham Bay to Country Club. If they didnt like these ideas, what makes you think they'll like the idea of the Bx24 going all the way to WPR or even East 180th? :P

funny thing about that is.... that general statement applies to cotb's proposal also !

I just noticed that...

Interlining wouldn't work unless the Bx8 is moved back to or split with Gun Hill. The concept of interlining is based on runs/routes that interline with one another based on runs (I believe). For example, Q44 school trippers from the Jamaica Depot to Jamaica-Merrick Blvd interlines with the Q17 as those buses start on the Q17 at Jamaica-Merrick Blvd, several M9 runs interline with the M22 by finishing at City Hall, layover at East Broadway and/or deadhead to the F.D.R from my observations & several Q31 school trippers interline with both the Q83 and Q46.

It's not exactly about how close by one route is to another, its mostly based on depot-by-depot runs. Your proposal is based on streamlining two routes to acquire ease of access between two routes serving different neighborhoods. Overall, the result of that coin flip is ultimately decided by those Country Club folk...

It's not exactly about how close by one route is to another, its mostly based on depot-by-depot runs.

Quoted for emphasis..... I don't think some folks here realize that.....

I didn't even see the part where he suggested interlining the two routes.... his 24 proposal jumped out at me, and I focused my commentary just off that....

But yeh, the 8 runs out of WF.... the 24 runs out of GH..... the 8 isn't split w/ GH, so how those 2 routes would interline is beyond me.....

that would be like FedEx ground conducting specific intricate business details with FedEx express....

That's because its true. They rejected the idea of having the revival of the Bx14 run back to Parkchester and hated the Bx8 with the loud buses + going outside their boundaries, hence why we have the Bx24 with one bus on the route every day from Pelham Bay to Country Club.

Man, these people are ridiculous. It's a nice neighborhood, but come on. Thanks for the info guys!:P

That's because its true. They rejected the idea of having the revival of the Bx14 run back to Parkchester and hated the Bx8 with the loud buses + going outside their boundaries, hence why we have the Bx24 with one bus on the route every day from Pelham Bay to Country Club. If they didnt like these ideas, what makes you think they'll like the idea of the Bx24 going all the way to WPR or even East 180th? :P

Actually, I don't think a revival of the Bx14 was ever on the table. I remember on the news a bunch of CC residents were complaining about the fact that they lost the Bx14, even though it passes through Parkchester.

Actually, I don't think a revival of the Bx14 was ever on the table. I remember on the news a bunch of CC residents were complaining about the fact that they lost the Bx14, even though it passes through Parkchester.

It wasn't exactly on the table, it was mentioned in one of the articles that they didnt want it going all the way into Parkchester but only to Pelham Bay and recently, they now want the Bx24 to go into Parkchester. These folks dont know what the hell they want.

While I was on a BxM8, I overheard a couple of folks wanting the Bx24 to go into Co-Op City....my reactions were simply....

seriously_male.png

seriously_chan.png

I have an idea to shut em up Bx 31 to country club kill Bx24 Bx 31 extends via middletown road and jarvis ave DONE. They get faster way to transfer to BX4A or send BX21 there for country club ppl to hospital if BX31 won't shut em up then Bx21 will if not thses ppl are truly ungrateful BITCHES.

I have an idea to shut em up Bx 31 to country club kill Bx24 Bx 31 extends via middletown road and jarvis ave DONE. They get faster way to transfer to BX4A or send BX21 there for country club ppl to hospital if BX31 won't shut em up then Bx21 will if not thses ppl are truly ungrateful BITCHES.

HA. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If those folks got fed up of the Bx8 going there, what makes you think they'll allow those loud ass CNG buses on the Bx31 to run in the neighborhood. That's not gonna shut them up, thats gonna make them throw a shitload of bricks at you while lighting pitchforks and torches...

Think before you respond!

HA. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If those folks got fed up of the Bx8 going there, what makes you think they'll allow those loud ass CNG buses on the Bx31 to run in the neighborhood. That's not gonna shut them up, thats gonna make them throw a shitload of bricks at you while lighting pitchforks and torches...

Think before you respond!

OR Bx21??

How can someone claim to have all the answers & make like they're so freakin intelligent, but not know a damn thing in the process....

yeah, I'm referring to you, QJT.... constantly speakin on things you know nothin about.....

lmfao @ change the bus models on the route..... as if that makes sending 31's through country club any more plausible an idea.....

That's not gonna shut them up, thats gonna make them throw a shitload of bricks at you while lighting pitchforks and torches...

I died laughing on the part I quoted you on.

To QJ: No matter what you give them they are not satisfied with anything. They have to learn that the (MTA) is not BK. They can't have it their way.....

Cait is right on the fact that they don't know what they want hence I said they are not satisfied with anything.

To QJ: No matter what you give them they are not satisfied with anything. They have to learn that the (MTA) is not BK. They can't have it their way.....

Cait is right on the fact that they don't know what they want hence I said they are not satisfied with anything.

There has to be a way to give it to em their way without wasting resources. The extension Of BX21 or 4A will give em everything since they will have the (6) and westchester square. They will have timed connections to parkchester and several other areas. Plus they can still get to pelham bay park via Q50 transfer (timed)

How can someone claim to have all the answers & make like they're so freakin intelligent, but not know a damn thing in the process....

yeah, I'm referring to you, QJT.... constantly speakin on things you know nothin about.....

lmfao @ change the bus models on the route..... as if that makes sending 31's through country club any more plausible an idea.....

Besides I don't have all the answers I look at a very broad area whenever I come up with stuff this is an exception.

There has to be a way to make em shut up like education of all their options so they use em to the fullest. Many ppl don't know much about bus routes other than their own hence they don't know which routes are best for em. There just has to be something to shut em up

Glad to know I'm spreading cheer and putting smiles on people's faces on this day :P

change the bus models on the route have the country club runs run with quieter buses

You make it sound like if its easy.

#1. The Bx31 is based out of West Farms, a CNG based depot. Changing the buses to "quieter" buses is non-existant because all of the damn buses are loud as all hell...Plus the Bx31 bunches & is way too frequent for those folks.

#2. The Bx31 passes through a set of projects, Baychester & Edenwald Houses to be specific. What makes you think they want a route that passes through a set of projects to come through their neighborhood? They already had a huge issue with the Bx8.

The Bx31 hits a couple of rough areas as well. Sending this route into Country Club is pointless. The last thing those folks want are some hoodrats invading and

#3. What makes you think people from Country Club wants that type of access to anywhere along the Bx31 and to Westchester Square? They obviously dont....

Apparently the reasons that they didnt want the Bx8 flew right over your head.......

Once again, THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND!!!

Glad to know I'm spreading cheer and putting smiles on people's faces on this day :P

You make it sound like if its easy.

#1. The Bx31 is based out of West Farms, a CNG based depot. Changing the buses to "quieter" buses is non-existant because all of the damn buses are loud as all hell...Plus the Bx31 bunches & is way too frequent for those folks.

#2. The Bx31 passes through a set of projects, Baychester & Edenwald Houses to be specific. What makes you think they want a route that passes through a set of projects to come through their neighborhood? They already had a huge issue with the Bx8.

The Bx31 hits a couple of rough areas as well. Sending this route into Country Club is pointless. The last thing those folks want are some hoodrats invading and

#3. What makes you think people from Country Club wants that type of access to anywhere along the Bx31 and to Westchester Square? They obviously dont....

Apparently the reasons that they didnt want the Bx8 flew right over your head.......

Once again, THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND!!!

HMM interesting post good to know didn't know about Bx31 like that. OK what buses do BX21 use?? what bus goes to westchester sq without going through the projects???

My Bx8/24 plan didn't get a great response. However, I do have some predictions for the Bx24:

1. If Councilman James Vacca moves up to a higher chair (such as Council Speaker or even Borough President or Mayor), he will demand for a Bx24 extension to Westchester Square.

If not, the Bx24 will result in one of the following:

2. Running every 45-60 minutes

3. Getting canned and the BxM9 gets extended north into Country Club as a compromise.

Archived