The New Face of NYCT in the Media??

Lennyj17

With the RTSs fading into the distance especially in Manhattan where most of NYC media takes place....

What will be the new face of NYC transit to the world.....I think, believe it or not the MCIs are being shown more and more in the media than any other model bus.

RTSs will probably still be the bus used in most film projects for some time but, eventually the MTA and NYC will probably want to find a new model to rep NYC to the world.

Yeah, I agree that the MCIs are going to be the most recognizable for people who solely form an opinion based on what they see on TV. Months back when I was flipping through the channels I remember seeing a current police drama show (not Law & Order) that had a shot on 5th Avenue and in the background at least 5 of them passed by and not a single non express bus in that time. I remember that the first was one was a BM3 and the rest were all BxM and one was an X.

But on the news I'd say it's mainly a mix of regular non-coach buses, with a couple articulateds mixed here and there.

Archived