Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MarkD329

Where were the Xcelsiors today?

I took a trip to Queens to ride the New Flyers CNGs at MTAB [successful- nice smooth ride. Too bad they weren't the restyled look] and the Xcelsiors in QV country. Despite spending a good part of the afternoon on various parts of Hillside Ave, and a short stint at Springfield Blvd at Hillside, NOT A DAMN XCELSIOR WAS SIGHTED! All I saw were QV's RTS, LFS, and Orion Hybrids. I even got a glimpse of their MCIs heading to Manhattan.

Why the Xcelsiors didn't go out today?

Wow, good thing I didn't spend a good amount of time looking for these buses yesterday and went for the Prevost instead, only seen one (2400) on the X2, I rode it, very roomy buses.... I like! :P

But why is QV doing this? I can see if these were old buses and these buses are brand new!

Hmm that's weird QV routes are all over the place like the (Q27) (Q46) and (Q88)...Were you by the terminal waiting for it on the (Q1) (Q2) (Q36) (Q43)? If you have no luck I recommend the (Q83) :cool:

They haven't been in service for very long, you have to give them time to finish training the b/O's, etc, especially since there are fewer buses necessary on the weekend.

That being said, I've seen a few excelsiors during the week on the q46. There are definitely more on the line than when they started rolling out the LFS's on the 46, so you should catch one soon enough.