2007 MDBF numbers relesed!

trainfan22

R32 112,550 (Went up) And yet the stupid MTA is retiring these great cars

R38 137,940 (Went up) See i told you people that these cars aren't ready to retire yet.

R40S/M 121,793 (Went down)

R42 111,890 (Went down)

R44 106,743 (Went down) These cars had the lowest MDBF in the whole fleet.

R46 119,197 (Went down)

R62 175,041 (Went up)

R62A 137,499 (Went up)

R68 220,388 (Went down)

R68A 273,954 (Went down) But still leads the fleet in MDBF

R142 223,161 (Went up) WTF got higher than my 68s! Stupid CI and concouse yard the maintnece teams should be fired.

R142A 159139 (Went down)LOL at the people who think the 142As are better than the 142s.

R143 263431 (Went down)

R160A numbers weren't relesed

R160B Same as R160A

All credit goes to david pirmann of nycsubway org

Btw i don't know why the 160s numbers weren't relesed:confused:

Fire those maintance crews at Concourse and those numbers for the R68s are going to go down FAST!

And I have notice the R142s have been better than the R142As. The MTA really let the R142As go though.

The R143s are doing better.

R160s are still new and cars still coming in, plus they're on warranty like RTO Man said.

Fire those maintance crews at Concourse and those numbers for the R68s are going to go down FAST!

And I have notice the R142s have been better than the R142As. The MTA really let the R142As go though.

The R143s are doing better.

R160s are still new and cars still coming in, plus they're on warranty like RTO Man said.

I have noticed something with the R142A's just standing on the platform though. obviously the big defect with the R142's is the brakes needing to be replaced quite often, but when power is applied on SOME of the R142A's there is a noise that sounds like a jackhammer coming from the motor trucks...it does NOT sound good or natural though, don't know what it is, but like i said I don't think it's good...

Maybe if any A Division or ex A div guys are reading this, they could fill in my blank? :cool:

My Reactions:

R68: WTF IS CONCOURSE AND CONEY ISLAND DOING?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the last few years the MDBF for the R68 has gone through the roof. Now its falling! Whats going on??!!!

R68A: I am shocked that the MDBF went down, but thankfully it is still high.

R44: Not suprised.

R42: Weird Decline.

R32: Nice Improvement.

R38: Nice Improvement.

R40/M: As usual, the R40s come short of the mark.

R46: Shocked!

R62: Nice Improvement.

R62A: Nice Improvement.

R142: Nice Improvement.

R143: Shocked that it decreased!

R142A: Absolutely shocked that it decreased!

R32 112,550 (Went up) And yet the stupid MTA is retiring these great cars

R38 137,940 (Went up) See i told you people that these cars aren't ready to retire yet.

R40S/M 121,793 (Went down)

R42 111,890 (Went down)

R44 106,743 (Went down) These cars had the lowest MDBF in the whole fleet.

R46 119,197 (Went down)

Notice how these numbers are lower than the rest of the fleet, with the exception of the R38. It's their time to go.

R68 220,388 (Went down)

R142 223,161 (Went up) WTF got higher than my 68s! Stupid CI and concouse yard the maintnece teams should be fired.

Aren't Jerome and concourse Yards right next to each other? Don't they share maintenance tactics or whatever?

R142A 159139 (Went down)LOL at the people who think the 142As are better than the 142s.

Only in terms of propulsion and aesthetics. Those brakes have gotten a lot better but they are still a pain in the ass.

Btw i don't know why the 160s numbers weren't relesed:confused:

Trains are still on warranty and not all of them have arrived yet.

Notice how these numbers are lower than the rest of the fleet, with the exception of the R38. It's their time to go.

Aren't Jerome and concourse Yards right next to each other? Don't they share maintenance tactics or whatever?

No they don't share maintaince tactics the 142s are nothing like the 68s machiclly and inner workings wise. Are there not right next to each other jerome is like two blocks away.

And its not the R32s time to go. Their MDBF is incresting and their frames are in pefect shape. The reason why the 42s MDBF is low is because of crappy maintince of ENY yard. They have been peforming much better since they came on the (A). And the mods are in good shape the slants probaly bought it down. The R44 is just an crappy train as simple as that. Th

No they don't share maintaince tactics the 142s are nothing like the 68s machiclly and inner workings wise. Are there not right next to each other jerome is like two blocks away.

My bad.

And its not the R32s time to go. Their MDBF is incresting and their frames are in pefect shape. The reason why the 42s MDBF is low is because of crappy maintince of ENY yard. They have been peforming much better since they came on the (A). And the mods are in good shape the slants probably bought it down. The R44 is just an crappy train as simple as that. Th

Yes but the overall MDBF of the older cars are much lower than the rest, in general (there are exceptions). Since many Phase II cars and CI R42s have been reefed those car types will probably have higher MDBF for 2008. But as you say, MDBF isn't everything.

Archived