NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magic center Dwight Howard signaled that if he is traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, he would be prepared to sign a long-term extension after the 2012-13 NBA season, the basketball website RealGM.com reported Wednesday.

Two sources confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Howard is willing to re-sign long term with the Lakers if Orlando trades him there. Until recently, Howard had been steadfast in his desire to commit only to the Brooklyn Nets long term.

http://espn.go.com/c...akers-extension

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear about the Iguodala, Bynum, Howard trade? Worst BS the 76ers have ever done. Howard to Lakers, Iggy to the Magic, and Bynum to the 76ers. Evan Turner should have been a part of this trade. First you let go your leading scorer, and now your All-Star G/F? The 76ers have done some real BS this season.

Finally the long national sports nightmare is over lol. Late Thursday Night Dwight Howard has finally been traded from the Magic to the LA Lakers. Now the soap opera for the former superman player lol is history concerning a new team. Howard is a huge question mark with his back and not a given he lead Lakers back to at least the NBA Finals. Thus the Owner of Orlando looks like an idiot firing a good coach in Stan Van Gundy and their team GM. Then still trading Howard anyhow. Other "loser" to small degree is the new Brooklyn Nets.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1133275

• 2 weeks later...

Back to musical chairs for NBA teams around the USA. The Sacramento Kings who had a tenative deal to stay in the state captial of Calif. is now looking elsewhere again. Now talk is the team moving to Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. IMO got to ask why? Majority of NBA fans in Hampton Roads are either Wizards/DC area supporters or fans of the Charlotte Bobcats. If The Kings had to move either Seattle or say Kansas City makes the most sense.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/08/report-sacramento-kings-owners-propose-move-virginia-beach-/1

The Howard trade was complete BS. Oh David Stern, CP3 can't go to LA, but DWIGHT HOWARD CAN!? Complete BS. And this trade completely f*cked up my 76ers. Louis Williams is gone, the team's leading scorer OFF THE BENCH, and then they hit me with this Howard trade sending All-Star F Andre Iguodala to Denver. People on Sixers Nation givin me shit about how Bynum and Turner are the next big thing. Turner aint worth shit. He is the one that should have gotten traded. I am very happy that we got Jason Richardson though, but I hate it how people are telling me that Bynum is the future of this team. I am very disappointed this offseason. VERY disappointed.

Back to musical chairs for NBA teams around the USA. The Sacramento Kings who had a tenative deal to stay in the state captial of Calif. is now looking elsewhere again. Now talk is the team moving to Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. IMO got to ask why? Majority of NBA fans in Hampton Roads are either Wizards/DC area supporters or fans of the Charlotte Bobcats. If The Kings had to move either Seattle or say Kansas City makes the most sense.

http://content.usato...rginia-beach-/1

I have actually heard of this, and I think it would be nice to have them in VA. Not only that they are Cats or Wiz fans, but do you really think that there are more fans in VA beach than in CA? I would definitely see a drop in ticket sales if this were to happen. If I were the Kings, I would stay in California. I am a Kings fan also, and would love to see them here, but I think it would be better for business if they stayed in California.

• 1 month later...

What do these three athletes have in common... Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas ?

Yep, they're all 38+ years old & are currently on the NY Knicks roster - And if all goes as planned, so will Rasheed Wallace

Why he wants to come out of retirement to join the knicks of all teams, is beyond me.....

What do these three athletes have in common... Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas ?

Yep, they're all 38+ years old & are currently on the NY Knicks roster - And if all goes as planned, so will Rasheed Wallace

Why he wants to come out of retirement to join the knicks of all teams, is beyond me.....

I don't think the Knicks should have signed Kidd. He has a great trade value, but why? I think Shumpert would be just fine playing the PG. I like Kurt because of that little jumper he has. Can't leave the slingshot out of the party too eh? Sheed is actually one of the only Cs that I like. He may get into a few fights now and then, but this man can be lethal from long range.

Archived