BMT Franklin Shuttle structure Rehab

mark1447

C34796

STABILIZE FRANKLIN AVENUE SHUTTLE TRACKWAY

$10M - $50M

This project will stabilize the Franklin Avenue Shuttle structure. The Franklin Avenue Shuttle line is located in the borough of Brooklyn, extends from Prospect Park Station located at the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard to the Franklin Avenue Station near the intersection of Franklin Avenue and Atlantic Avenue. This project will remove poor quality cellular concrete fill and replace with light weight concrete. Work will also include the removal and installation of tracks, ties and ballast. The signal cables and wayside equipment will be protected by sheeting. Some of the track segments will not be remediated, however they will have ballast added and tamping. The following track segments to be remediated include:

150 feet within Prospect Place bridge and St. Marks Ave. bridge

250 feet within St. Marks Ave. bridge and Bergen Street bridge

190 feet within Bergen Street bridge and Dean Street bridge

180 feet within Dean Street bridge and Pacific Street bridge

240 within Atlantic Ave. bridge and Lefferts Place bridge

Duration of Contract 14 Months

Shut down likely?

Source:

MTA - Eye on the Future

Can the MTA sue the contractor for a botched job? Also I hope this time while they are doing the rennovations, they can make all the platforms be at least 300' long. At least that way it doesn't limit them to use just 2 75'-car trains. Also nice [but I kinda doubt would happen], they should make the entire segment 2-tracks.

Can the MTA sue the contractor for a botched job? Also I hope this time while they are doing the rennovations, they can make all the platforms be at least 300' long. At least that way it doesn't limit them to use just 2 75'-car trains. Also nice [but I kinda doubt would happen], they should make the entire segment 2-tracks.

Agree on two tracks, and they should also look at making the platforms 600 feet (or even 450-480 feet) so they have the option to have through service with full-length trains to Coney Island in the event of a G.O. or other emergency.

Archived