"Best" bus ever

BM5 via Woodhaven

The opposite of my worst bus thread, In your opinion what do you think is the "best" bus route in the 5 boroughs and Nassau based on the following: Headways. Reliability Routing

Consistence

Rapidness

Cleanliness

Usefulness

What would you rate that bus?

Nice buddy my best bus Q53 its frequent and very FAST I love it. It's very consistant I can't really come up with negatives for Q53. I however got lucky in LI buses just started showing up when I needed them I got out staples at sunrise mall 5mins later N19 takes me to my next location. Then as soon as I get out N36 shows up 4 mins later I guess my aura makes buses show up cause they treat me very well in LI either that or I am lucky.

The opposite of my worst bus thread, In your opinion what do you think is the "best" bus route in the 5 boroughs and Nassau based on the following: Headways. Reliability Routing

Consistence

Rapidness

Cleanliness

Usefulness

What would you rate that bus?

Can't say that any bus fills the criteria of all 6, but I'd say that the M15 SBS fulfills all but reliability and consistence. Traffic isn't always the same, so it doesn't consistently take the same amount of time, and once I was stuck waiting 17 minutes at 34th for a bus before I decided to just hop on the local. I took it to 68th and not a single select passed us. (I checked the time stamp on the receipt against my phone before I boarded the local, so I'm not exaggerating on that 17 minute measurement.)

I'd say that the crosstown buses (mainly the M79 and the M86) fulfill all but rapidness. You can walk faster than them during the morning rush from York to the subway, but why walk more than half a mile when you can just take the bus and get a free transfer anyways?

There's one bus that fulfilled all of them before getting cut, but any discussion about it always leads to argument so I'll leave that out.

My opinion on the best routes on per borough (as listed): It's going to be tough but...

Brooklyn: (B36): AFAIK it's a fast route (somewhat) w/fast B/O's (going by the trips I rode it on).

Queens: (Q17)-It's frequent, good time saving route for getting to Main Street, speedy @ times on Horace Harding Expressway & makes only a fair amount turns among it's route.

Manahttan: (M66)-Run 100% RTS, good ridership for it's route and doesn't bunch really.

Nassau: N6-Fast B/O's & makes up for un-reliability by previous reason mentioned.

Nice buddy my best bus Q53 its frequent and very FAST I love it. It's very consistant I can't really come up with negatives for Q53. I however got lucky in LI buses just started showing up when I needed them I got out staples at sunrise mall 5mins later N19 takes me to my next location. Then as soon as I get out N36 shows up 4 mins later I guess my aura makes buses show up cause they treat me very well in LI either that or I am lucky.
Depends on the route you take LI Bus , but what you said about the Q53 is so true

All of the routes I've fanned, I have to agree with Q53, even if I usually miss the first one after reaching B 116 St.

@gtNovaBusRTS9369 When is the last time that you took the (B36)? I live in C.I. and I cannot, in any way, shape, or form, classify that as the best in Brooklyn. My pick for best in Brooklyn is the (B103). I know I've mentioned it before, but it has greatly improved after the (MTA) Bus Takeover. Extremely well-maintained buses (especially the Orion V's), very reliable, headways are great (especially during rush hour), consistent, rapid, very clean - especially for partially running in the same neighborhood as the (B6)*, routing is long, but the route is extremely used.

*That (B6) gets so many people, and they are nasty. One time I walked on a (B6) bus and saw pizza crusts, a pizza box, 3 half-empty and 2 empty soda bottles, a condom wrapper, and a used (almost threw up) condom. All of it in the back of the bus, except the 2 empty soda bottles.

@gtNovaBusRTS9369 When is the last time that you took the (B36)? I live in C.I. and I cannot, in any way, shape, or form, classify that as the best in Brooklyn.

It was only my opinion & I only chose that because it's a fast route. The last time I rode that route was in the spring so yeah I've rode it before. I was never refering to it as the best route of all time in Brooklyn. It's buching issue does put down it's reability in that & in the frequency department. Plus it's an all local route which doesn't always help it in balancing it's overcrowding issues. Besides there's still other routes in the Borough that I have yet to ride & some of them maybe better than the (B36). So just to clear things up here the (B36) choice was only my opinion & it will change, so till then...peace!

Best bus: Brooklyn: Q59 because it's damn fast

Queens: Q53 because of all the neighborhoods it goes

Manhattan: Q32 because of it's rapidness along 5/Madison Avenue

The Bronx: Q50 because of its rapidness from Flushing to Co-Op City

Don't know about Staten Island

Nassau: Q113LTD because of its non stop section that's fast

Archived