New Bus Deliveries

jimbob60

I am a bus enthusiast who could pretty much tell you the various buses delivered to the PBL's and MTA over the past 45 years or so. From around 2002 through early 2010, aside from articulated buses and express buses, the MTA received large (probably about 900 or so of each) orders of OG (a separate order for MTA bus) and NG's with little difference within the 2 models( the 2 models themselves being rather different). However, subsequent bus orders seem to be for a lesser number of varied buses. I have seen the 8000's from a distance operating in Queens and saw 209 (a CNG powered bus) close-up on the Q66 yesterday. I see various deliveries referred to on these threads but don't understand the short codes used nor am I familiar with the various manufacturers. Can someone help me out as to what buses (without using short codes aside from CNG) have firm orders that should be delivered by the end of 2012. Also why the wide use of numbers for these new buses such as 200's for the new CNG but 8000's for other deliveries of standard (non articulated and non express) buses? I would appreciate the help.

Thanks you for the info. I guess it was much easier when the NG and OG 07's composed the bulk of the non express/non articulated fleet additions over the past 10 years or so. What are the 8000 series buses that have started running in Queens? I live in Long Island City but have seen these buses when I head east.

Thanks you for the info. I guess it was much easier when the NG and OG 07's composed the bulk of the non express/non articulated fleet additions over the past 10 years or so. What are the 8000 series buses that have started running in Queens? I live in Long Island City but have seen these buses when I head east.

The NovaBus LFS & They're @ QV w/numbers being #8060-8089.

I was:) able to access the information that you requested by going to "Select Bus Service" and scroll down to see also and click "MTA Regional Bus Operations Bus Fleet" which will provide the information that you requested.

???

Going to Select Bus Service then clicking on a link? I'm confused as to exactly what you are referencing....

The NovaBus LFS & They're @ QV w/numbers being #8060-8089.

Is it fair to say these buses are very similar to the New Flyer XD's. I have seen the Novas and they appear to be very similar. The new CNG buses have a very different design. It would appear the updated NG's have a different design as well. It will be nice to have some variety in buses.

Archived