No Vintage Buses This Year

Kriston Lewis

I got facebook message from Vinny Mashbourne.

The Vintage Bus Festival for all five boros is on!! Commencing on Dec 5th and ending on Dec 30. Tentatively. Tune in for future updates. Yours truly will be driving the vintage buses only during the week of Dec 5-9 only!! See you and be there!!!

BC- Do you know what routes they'll be on?

4 hours ago · Like

DAA- Uhh...I thought it was killed off?

4 hours ago · Like

Vincent James Mashburn- Yeah so did I but I just got a call about a half hour personally from one of the General superintendents and told me it's on their getting the buses scrubbed and ready for next week will try to advise you guys what's the deal on when and where they'll be,till then see ya soon and thanx for staying in touch don't forget pass the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago · Like

Yuki Endo- According to NYCT Scoop on Twitter, they say no Vintage Bus this year.

33 minutes ago · Like

For protection for other passenger, I inition it.

So there's no vintage buses this year but instead we get new Xcelsiors, C40LFs, prevosts, new artics, & 3G Orions. That's a fair trade-off imo. :tup:

Not really, vintage buses are a once a month treat. The new buses we will be riding hopefully for over 10 years everyday.

It's like renting a 60s Mustang and then owning a prius.

Last year with the vintage buses, I heard was a disaster. I did get a treat with one of them on the B1 tho...

It was a disaster because they spread out the buses over too many routes and too many boroughs. Had it been more or less concentrated on short Manhattan crosstown routes, where MJQ or such depots were close by, then there wouldn't have been too much of a problem. Other than for foamers, I doubt any regular person would've been 'camping' outside of a certain route just to get on a specific bus.

I don't understand what's the problem with that. they were trying to spread it out to everyone, and not just midtown Manhattan.

I guess, I myself was deterred from trying to catch the Brooklyn one (which was on the (B65) which ran right past my grandmother's last apt) because it was so long and would be hard to catch. Still, they could put it on shorter routes.

I had no idea that program did so bad. How do they even determine success, when people will be riding anyway? (It seems people like the idea of riding the antique buses when I saw them on the Manhattan routes. And the fans were out as well).

(And isn't someone on another thread suggesting it will be running after all?)

Archived