I can't shake the feeling that this might happen.

DaTransitMan4608

I just finished reading a thread in the Bus Manfacturing Industry board and saw that (NJT) is possibly going to get some Millenium buses somewhere between 2012-2018. One thing I am wondering is if they will end up replacing the MCI D4000s. IMO I hope this doesn't happen. They should leave replacing the D4000s up to MCI.

I just finished reading a thread in the Bus Manfacturing Industry board and saw that (NJT) is possibly going to get some Millenium buses somewhere between 2012-2018. One thing I am wondering is if they will end up replacing the MCI D4000s. IMO I hope this doesn't happen. They should leave replacing the D4000s up to MCI.

That wonders if Millennium is doing Motor Coaches than keeping with transits. Lets remember that Mill just got back from Chapter 12 (apparently), have an order with MTA coming up, and now they want to do Motor Coaches? And whatever happened to Designline? We haven't see those yet or heard ANYTHING in the last 2 months or so besides that schematic that was shown at the APTA. So..........who's to say what's really gonna happen.

This is NJT they will get the cheapest stuff? Since when? I guess you have not been looking at the rail ops in a while, or light rail for that matter.

The 416 order was NOT cheap, they had the original design modified to save weight. The changes help those busses accelerate fairly well and hold highway speeds easily.

NJT is looking to shake things up, and i bet you those MCI's are next to go when they get approval for funding the next bus order.

- (A)

Incase you haven't noticed those changes caused those nabis to be complete JUNK! You shorten a bus n now they have serious crowding issues. They are light as a feather, drive like crap in the wind, feel like they are falling apart on most roads.That zf tranny is a fail. Yeah I could go on for days.....

The mcis now were supposed to get rehabbed...

Incase you haven't noticed those changes caused those nabis to be complete JUNK! You shorten a bus n now they have serious crowding issues. They are light as a feather, drive like crap in the wind, feel like they are falling apart on most roads.That zf tranny is a fail. Yeah I could go on for days.....

The mcis now were supposed to get rehabbed...

They are way better then NJT's RTS in my eyes

Archived