Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
S/A Vee

LIRR Assistant Conductor

Just a heads up. LIRR is currently accepting resumes for assistant conductor.

Apply and good luck. I'll try to post the link later

Thankx for the info Vee. I don't mean to sound negative, but I've already applied with both Rail Roads numerous times and haven't even gotten an acknowledgement thanking me for applying. I don't think I will be applying for this job. At this point I totally believe you have to know someone to get hired for either company.

I wonder if the rail roads deliberately don't call anyone who works at NYCTA. I have a sneaking suspcion they do because I got invited to take a test for MNR several years ago, but those here who are NYCTA employees don't seem to get test invites.

I wonder if the rail roads deliberately don't call anyone who works at NYCTA. I have a sneaking suspcion they do because I got invited to take a test for MNR several years ago, but those here who are NYCTA employees don't seem to get test invites.

Not just that, there's a new question on the MNR app asking if you have applied in the past. I think if you check yes they disregard you, as if you had failed one of their background checks or something; versus just not getting hired at that time. Yet if you were to say no and it comes up later you did, you still lose. From all the times I've applied and the issues I've had with Metro, they're not very fair with their hiring. It's not heavily based on merit and ability like it should be. To think, I have a tattoo based on Metro... maybe i'll say its a B division NYCT car instead :confused:

Interesting. I did not see such a question with LIRR. It only asked if you a former employee or a current LIRR or LI Bus employee.

I have also applied for this opening and am REALLY hoping to get the opportunity to test for the position and be hired. Has anyone that applied heard anything from MTA/LIRR yet?

Hey LIRRhope my friend recieved an invite to take the exam tomorrow for assistant conductor at LIRR. I actually applied before he did and then called him about it. He actually has retail experience I do not maybe that is why who knows?

I wonder if that means that they have sent out all of the invitations to take the test that they are going to for this time around or if they are planning on sending more out soon.