LIRR Assistant Conductor

S/A Vee

Thankx for the info Vee. I don't mean to sound negative, but I've already applied with both Rail Roads numerous times and haven't even gotten an acknowledgement thanking me for applying. I don't think I will be applying for this job. At this point I totally believe you have to know someone to get hired for either company.

I wonder if the rail roads deliberately don't call anyone who works at NYCTA. I have a sneaking suspcion they do because I got invited to take a test for MNR several years ago, but those here who are NYCTA employees don't seem to get test invites.

I wonder if the rail roads deliberately don't call anyone who works at NYCTA. I have a sneaking suspcion they do because I got invited to take a test for MNR several years ago, but those here who are NYCTA employees don't seem to get test invites.

Not just that, there's a new question on the MNR app asking if you have applied in the past. I think if you check yes they disregard you, as if you had failed one of their background checks or something; versus just not getting hired at that time. Yet if you were to say no and it comes up later you did, you still lose. From all the times I've applied and the issues I've had with Metro, they're not very fair with their hiring. It's not heavily based on merit and ability like it should be. To think, I have a tattoo based on Metro... maybe i'll say its a B division NYCT car instead :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived