The 3rd Generation...

Cait Sith

Cool Photos!

I'm really jealous of QV lol... the busfans who live in their service area are lucky as a mofo. I hope UP doesn't put ads on their LFSs before the 3G and 4800s make their way over there. Seeing add less LFS, 3Gs, and the 4800s all brand new on routes like the B6 at the same time is gonna be a sight to see. :cool:

Cool Photos!

I'm really jealous of QV lol... the busfans who live in their service area are lucky as a mofo. I hope UP doesn't put ads on their LFSs before the 3G and 4800s make their way over there. Seeing add less LFS, 3Gs, and the 4800s all brand new on routes like the B6 at the same time is gonna be a sight to see. :cool:

hell yeahh!! im sooo jealous....QV people that ride the Q43 mainly....everyday get three different types of buses...but just being in queens...you see 4 different types of buses...

Nice shots!

I caught the 3G on the (Q46) at 7:30 this morning. It was a great surprise!

Why do all of the new buses (LFS, 3G, and Excelsior) all have identical interiors? THere are not enough seats with the idiotic new lay out, and they should have learned that no one like walking up that step up to the back section. Oh well.

Nice shots!

I caught the 3G on the (Q46) at 7:30 this morning. It was a great surprise!

Why do all of the new buses (LFS, 3G, and Excelsior) all have identical interiors? THere are not enough seats with the idiotic new lay out, and they should have learned that no one like walking up that step up to the back section. Oh well.

How was the 3G?

Between the 3 buses, the most quietest of the bunch. They do ride better than the ZF LFSs, I'll give it that.

Wow. From that video, I was hearing some interesting sounds but to see that it was quite quiet, that's deep lol. I must ride this bus!

Since you've ridden all 3 of the 40 ft buses being tested, which one do you prefer the most and which one do you prefer the least?

Wow. From that video, I was hearing some interesting sounds but to see that it was quite quiet, that's deep lol. I must ride this bus!

Since you've ridden all 3 of the 40 ft buses being tested, which one do you prefer the most and which one do you prefer the least?

God, thats a tough question.....

When it comes down to ride quality, all three of them have it, but the Xcelsiors and LFSs are much better at that in my opinion. I can't really say for the Orions since I've only been on one. But right now, I can say the LFSs are the best at ride quality. I've been on a decent number of Xcelsiors and they are up there too. I gotta get on some more Orions before I come down with my final verdict of which of the three prevails at ride quality.

The Orions ride much smoother and much better than the ZF LFSs, less jerking and smoother stopping. The Xcelsiors are smooth all the way stopping or taking off. The LFSs, I prefer the Allison batch over at S.I over the ZF batch because of the smoother ride. It's hard to say really because they all got their pros and cons.

God, thats a tough question.....

When it comes down to ride quality, all three of them have it, but the Xcelsiors and LFSs are much better at that in my opinion. I can't really say for the Orions since I've only been on one. But right now, I can say the LFSs are the best at ride quality. I've been on a decent number of Xcelsiors and they are up there too. I gotta get on some more Orions before I come down with my final verdict.

The Orions ride much smoother and much better than the ZF LFSs, less jerking and smoother stopping. The Xcelsiors are smooth all the way stopping or taking off. The LFSs, I prefer the Allison batch over at S.I over the ZF batch because of the smoother ride. It's hard to say really.

That makes sense. There's a lot to these buses and I get that. Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing more of what you have to say about the 3G's once you have ridden them more.

Archived