An MTA Bus running on MTA LIBus

N4 Via Merrick Rd

WHAT THE HELL? is that MTA Bus loaned their buses to Long Island Bus while LIB's Orion Vs are sent to the city for repairs in order to pass inspection for the new operator.

That would make sence that the MTA would send some of their CNG V's to cover some of the LIB's runs why MTA repairs/does inspection of LIB's V's for the turn over of the fleet to Veolia

Well at least it's an old one... I'd be more cranky if they sent new ones out there.

I'd have loved to have seen Orion VII NG HEVs but suburban routes require more seating... and I think the depots no longer have diesel pumps.

Also, they'd have to have trained operators for C40s, and even the oldest Orion V is better than an Orion VII OG CNG, so they just sent out Orion V CNGs. They're just around the same age as the 2000 batch, anyway.

I'd have loved to have seen Orion VII NG HEVs but suburban routes require more seating... and I think the depots no longer have diesel pumps.

Also, they'd have to have trained operators for C40s, and even the oldest Orion V is better than an Orion VII OG CNG, so they just sent out Orion V CNGs. They're just around the same age as the 2000 batch, anyway.

All depots have diesel pumps for the forklifts and tractors. I'm not sure if LIB depots have tractors but they should definitely have forklifts.

Archived