MTA Asks Public to Vote for Best App

East New York

appquest.jpg

(MTA - What's the most useful transit-related app out there? The MTA needs your help to find out! Through January 11, the public is invited to comment and vote on 42 apps that were submitted to MTA App Quest, a competition in which app developers are vying for cash prizes and the bragging rights that come with being voted the most popular choice among New York train and bus riders. The MTA will regularly feature the submitted apps on its homepage. Each day, the MTA's official Twitter feed, @MTAInsider, and its Facebook page, will link to one of the apps entered in the contest.

The votes from the transit-riding public will dictate the outcome of the competition's two "Popular Choice" awards. The winner of the Popular Choice Award Grand Prize will receive $2,000 and a package of MTA-licensed products valued at $170. The winner of the Popular Choice Award Second Prize will receive $1,000 and a package of MTA-licensed products valued at $84. ChallengePost, a global marketplace for challenges and community-driven innovation, is powering and co-sponsoring MTA App Quest with the MTA. The MTA is not contributing financially to the prize money pool.

"We're thrilled at the partnership that has developed with the tech community to bring new innovations to our riders at no cost to the MTA," said MTA Executive Director Joseph J. Lhota. "We've got a great crop of apps and we can't wait to see which ones the public likes best."

mta.info | MTA Asks Public to Vote for Best App

iTrans NYC is probably the best subway app I ever had. A close second would be Subway Weekender.

For those who don't know which app I'm talking about it's in this page. That's an app I would vote for.

Roadify is another great app, it usually comes in handy when it comes to any form of transportation, except flying of course:).

Archived