Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
trainspot12

Bus Shooting leaves 1 dead in Jamaica

From ABC 7

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Gunfire on a bus in Queens has left one dead and another person wounded.

Authorities said it happened around 4:00 this afternoon inside an MTA Q-111 bus on Archer Avenue in the Jamaica section of Queens.

What led to the shooting is not yet known.

Official said a male was shot dead. A second male was taken to Jamaica Hospital in critical condition.

More information when it comes available.

Archer and Sutphin 1 dead

I think you mean Parsons and Archer. The (Q111) doesn't go near Sutphin

Yea, but Jamaica is very ethnically varied. I always dread heading into Jamaica, always having to watch my back.

I think you mean Parsons and Archer. The (Q111) doesn't go near Sutphin

Yup, I think he meant that too. Looks like there was a bullet that went through the roof of the bus.

Wow, that's what happened? I'm at Archer Ave right now. Buses are being seriously delayed as only 3-4 buses can come in per minute w/cars coming at 1-2 & the lines are getting longer. Shame this happened though.

Twenty minutes before the bus shooting, a man was fatally shot in front of 163-11 Foch Boulevard, about two miles away. A police spokesman said that detectives were investigating whether the two shootings were connected. They did not immediately offer further details on either shooting.

I heard 3 people got shot in total (including the Q111 shooting).

I hate this place (Jamaica/South Jamaica) with a passion, I hear gunshots every other day.

The sad world we live in.....

I took the. (J) out to Parsons for an interview once..... That was my first and last time going to Jamaica since 2006. The ride was too long for me, and I just wasn't feeling a midnight shift out there. I'll stick to Brooklyn and Manhattan. At least I know where hell I'm going and what to look out for!

Yea, but Jamaica is very ethnically varied. I always dread heading into Jamaica, always having to watch my back.

I didn't really see a need for the first comment. In any case, if an area is "ethnically varied", it also means it has some White people there as well. :(

In any case, I'm shocked at this incident. I wonder what started it all.

I was listening to the ch. 11 (10 o'clock) news earlier.... this one lady suggested that they should have cops on the buses.... Whenever these types of incidents occur, you always get someone out of the crowd that says that.... and it's annoying....

10 bucks says that other shooting R44's talkin about is connected to this one... I'm so tired of the nzzzz BS, it aint even funny......

Yea, but Jamaica is very ethnically varied.

No undertones, Serious question.

What is this supposed to be in response to?

This is kinda eerie for me because I was on the Q113 just yesterday at Jamaica...well, this was a total eye opener.

Yae Jamaica was crazy last night....I drive the Q65....I was like wtf is going on....so I opened the door and ask...and was told 2 died.....shooting on the bus...I was like damn....R.I.P. for the dead and life without parole for the shooter.....no excuses to take a life......no ifs ands or buts about it.....:mad:

From ABC 7

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Gunfire on a bus in Queens has left one dead and another person wounded.

I'm still waiting for Greg Mocker to say that the shooting was entirely the MTA's fault because MTA operates the bus.

No undertones, Serious question.

What is this supposed to be in response to?

The fact that everyone keeps saying that this can happen anywhere equally.

So, it's not Douglaston? :(

True.