Bus Shooting leaves 1 dead in Jamaica

trainspot12

Got to protect yourselves some how.

Ms. Beretta, with Mr. Smith and Ms. Wesson, along with my homie cool "Glock" and Uncle 'Remie' and I have been protecting each other for years now.

This is why bus operators should have guns. In case something like this happens

All New York should be a right to conceal carry state, makes for a much more civil and respectful society.

I'm still waiting for Greg Mocker to say that the shooting was entirely the MTA's fault because MTA operates the bus.

The MTA's attidude that its employees are to be meek and humble, and the well known lack of any police presence on buses does make for an easier time for any malcontent to do anything. If the MTA had a more aggressive postion against the malcontents that use system, it may have caused this malcontent to pause and think before opening up inside the bus.

Like hell that'll happen in NY after Ferguson lost it on the LIRR in 1993.

Like hell what will happen a shooting in the transit system? Shootings, stabbings, robbing, system crime is on the rise. In desperate times, people do desperate things, contrary to King Bloomberg and his puppet PD commisioner take on crime.

Yea, but Jamaica is very ethnically varied. I always dread heading into Jamaica, always having to watch my back.

Really? Really?! You watch your back in ANY community. You got GROPERS on the Upper East Side, RAPISTS throughout Brooklyn and this tragic incident here. ***Basing those comments from recent news reports.*** Just so you know, you watch your back no matter what community you are traveling in OR passing through.

Also being a former Jamaica resident, yes...Jamaica is "somewhat" ethnically varied (which has been for years) in my opinion but it all depends on WHO you ask. An example of that, I grew up two blocks east of Jamaica High School. So, I live in Jamaica BUT that area is called "Jamaica Hills" (A Suburb of Jamaica). Wexford Terrace I moved to next before I moved out of the city. Again, I live in Jamaica..."No sweetie, this is Jamaica ESTATES". To me, Jamaica is Jamaica period but that is another topic for another day. Oh and believe it or not, those two areas I mentioned have a HIGHER risk of crime then Jamaica itself.

So, it's not Douglaston? :(

I was going to say Bayside but that's close enough.

***As of yesterday's (12/3) update on Eyewitness News at 11pm***

Ok. So this ******* shoots TWO people for "looking at him"? Really? Really? It's people like this that will be treated "SPECIAL" during this process. I will be REALLY pissed if this idiot pleads insanity.

this reminds me of an incident back in 1976 or 1977. Somebody took a shot at the driver of Jamaica Bus Lines bus #905 on New York Blvd (Now Guy R Brewer Blvd) and IIRC 108th ave also on the Q-111. The driver wasnt hit by the bullet. I remember the uproar then about more protection for drivers and pax including bulletproof glass. I can see how things have changed in those 35 years.

Joe

Archived