So, is the R40 on anything other than the B now?

R1Toasty

I'll be in the city next week until Thursday, I'll be getting lots of R40 footage for "historic" purposes. My only concern is that I'd like to get R40s on some other lines aside from the (:D; to my knowledge, they've been taken off the (N) and (W), correct? So, what lines will I find an R40 on nowadays?

I'll be in the city next week until Thursday, I'll be getting lots of R40 footage for "historic" purposes. My only concern is that I'd like to get R40s on some other lines aside from the (B); to my knowledge, they've been taken off the (N) and (W), correct? So, what lines will I find an R40 on nowadays?

You can find them on Zach's layout also. :D

1. Best Way is on the B line bet. Brighton Beach and Beford-Bronx. (They sent out a lot of R68s and R68a on 145st trips)

2. A good way are Yankee games. They sent out 4-5 sets of R40s on the D line during Yankees game which usually starts at 7:05 Pm except on weekends when they don't sent out R40s at all. The R40 usually is found on the D line, 5:30-7:30 BRONX-BOUND.

3. A rare way is to find it on the N or W. you can try to find it preferably during rush hours or weekends. D and Q has it also when major weekend construction work is being done.

4. and the most convient way is to catch it at coney island yard. take the N back and foruth from 86th st. to Coney island to get your pics.

It would be a rare shot to find it on the (W) now. Its been a while since one has been spotted on the line.

So, basically your narrowed down to the (:D.

oh man im never going to frogot when i was riding the R160 (N) i saw an R40m on the (W) line heading toward ditmars blvd.i never knew it was rare to catch it

is it true that the middle track supplies power t the train?:confused:

Its actually the middle and outside rail. The middle rail is utilized by the pick up rollers from the bottom of the truck ( wheel set under the train ), and the running wheels sit on the outer rails, drawing power as well.

Haha!! Sure Can Man!:D:cool:

DSCN9858.jpg

Ha that guy looks like he's a bit big for the train B):):)

As for the OP's question, slants are off the (N)ovember, sometimes one will make an appearance on the (W)hisky as of a couple weeks back (last time I rode the line or pulled anyone's coat), but it'd only be one set so if you want to try your luck you can try and wait for it, but it may not be there still...

Archived