Public mass transit regains footing

Shortline Bus

"More people rode public transportation in the first nine months of this year than last, a sign that more people are working and looking for cheaper options to get around.

With gasoline prices surging, many commuters around the country are leaving their cars at home, opting for buses and trains.

Ridership on public buses and trains increased 2% — from 7.63 billion rides to 7.76 billion, according to the American Public Transportation Association."

Public mass transit regains footing

I for one started taking public transportation again for some reasons. One, my car took a dump so I ended up selling it. Two, it was a V8 and I'm sure most of you know that eats gas, also I only can put 91+ octane in it. Three, as funds are short for me, I figured buying a monthly for the time being would save me some money for another car soon enough.

And honestly, in terms of taking the subways, it feels a lot better then dealing with retarded drivers on Ocean Pkwy, 65th Street and such. Glad that headache was gone, only headaches I get now are some delays I face while heading to work.

Regardless of what people say, public transportation is more reliable than driving IMO.

That true if you live in one of America's top 25-30 most populated cities(except for Detroit which has no local rapid transit/train line)and NYC, DC, Philly, SF Bay area, San Diego, Boston and Chicago all have world class transit networks.

However for the majority of the country owing a car is not a luxury since local bus/mass transit is very limited i.e no weekend service or no existence at all.

Archived