Bed bugs mci bus

mikemalibu

Oh how lovely... Well today I'm wearing my $1,100.00 coat from Italy and I avoid putting it on the express bus seats. I lay it on top of my American made laptop bag which lies flat to avoid those types of things. Some folks actually stuff their coats into those overhead thingys where there is God knows what up here. My second coat (Canadian coat) I do the same thing with it. Going to wash that sucker soon even though I'm very careful about where I put it at. Anytime I get in a cab my coat usually comes off and I put it on my lap. Just ordered another Canadian parka to switch up for the winter and when that one arrives from Vancouver in a few weeks, I'll do the same thing with that one too.

I think bedbug could be everywhere.

Where I caught Spring Creek #729 on N6 Jamaica at Hempstead, one of disable lady doesn't like it because of suburban seats might have bed bug.

I think bedbug could find everywhere. Driver's seat, apartment room, subway, stations, taxi, etc.

A newly created account with only 7 posts decides to start a "scare" about bed bugs and can't even spell properly?

I don't know, but this seems a little odd. Could anyone else please confirm his story?

If this was really going on, I'm sure the news would be all over it. Where's the proof at?

Why wouldn't yall believe him? What an express bus cant have bed bugs? Not all these people that ride the system are clean regardless if the take local buses, express buses or the train. Just last month a B/O at flatbush had to go to the hospital and get a tetanus shot because something was biting her arm while she was driving the bus. The news doesn't have to report this particular incident because they already touched on this subject earlier this year when the bed bugs were popping up every where. Give the guy a break for all you know he probably works at that depot.

Oh how lovely... Well today I'm wearing my $1,100.00 coat from Italy and I avoid putting it on the express bus seats.

Do we need to know how much your coat costs?

A newly created account with only 7 posts decides to start a "scare" about bed bugs and can't even spell properly?

I don't know, but this seems a little odd. Could anyone else please confirm his story?

I dont know, but there have been cases of roaches and bedbugs on buses over the years. I wouldnt doubt this.

Maybe hes right, maybe hes wrong, who knows. Bedbugs could be on buses, especially the ones with fabric seats.

Heh ive seen roaches in buses myself, if that clears something up..

Why wouldn't yall believe him? What an express bus cant have bed bugs? Not all these people that ride the system are clean regardless if the take local buses, express buses or the train. Just last month a B/O at flatbush had to go to the hospital and get a tetanus shot because something was biting her arm while she was driving the bus. The news doesn't have to report this particular incident because they already touched on this subject earlier this year when the bed bugs were popping up every where. Give the guy a break for all you know he probably works at that depot.

The lack of any media coverage whatsoever, plus the fact that the user only has 7 posts definitely makes me question his credibility.

I'm not saying whether or not bed bugs on an express bus are possible, I'm just saying that the source is unreliable.

Gorgor, bottom line is, the general topic: bed bugs within buses. Now, whether or not they had an exterminator come and take care of the issue on Far Rock's MCIs is beyond me, nor do I care. But the topic is still very much valid. Who cares if the member is new or has 7 posts.

Really ...

Not only do you need to know how much his crap costs, but you need to know where it comes from too. This d*ck thinks he's better then everyone else because he can waste money like it's nothing. What a douche nozzle.

Hmm... Good question.

Not only do you need to know how much his crap costs, but you need to know where it comes from too. This d*ck thinks he's better then everyone else because he can waste money like it's nothing. What a douche nozzle.

Your words not mine Mr. Park Slope... B) Anywho, getting back on topic...

----------

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were around. There are some seedy folks that ride the express bus unfortunately, esp. in certain neighborhoods. Not everyone is clean as someone else mentioned and take hygiene and such seriously. Aside from that, I don't think they actually clean the seats so that can attract bugs and such if they're dirty.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were around. There are some seedy folks that ride the express bus unfortunately, esp. in certain neighborhoods. Not everyone is clean as someone else mentioned and take hygiene and such seriously. Aside from that, I don't think they actually clean the seats so that can attract bugs and such if they're dirty.

You were alright until you said that.... I gotta pull your card here....

First off, the vast majority of the population aren't germaphobes, or... overly obsessive with cleanliness.... In plain english, it aint just people from "certain" neighborhoods, or "seedy" folks..... IDGAF what background you come from, nasty is nasty... and don't feed me any rhetoric pertaining to money & cleanliness, b/c it's BS..... and don't jump to the obvious extreme of homeless people either...

Certain neighborhoods... lol... Have you seen the streets of NYC lately man.... Sure everyone walkin around in this city aren't natives, but there is a link to how a person keeps his/her general surroundings & how hygenically pressed (or obsessed) that person is.... if someone chucks a chicken bone onto the corner of flatbush & church or leaves a WSJ sprawled out on a subway seat before gettin off @ wall st, that to me is indicative of your cleanliness habits....

You didn't say this, but I'm still throwin this out there.... you have men & women that OD on deodorants & drown themselves in cologne/perfume & body sprays, as a substitute for takin a goddamn bath or shower... That to me is still freakin disgusting... all you're doin is coverin up funk.... If you're too lazy to take a bath or a shower, ughk... god knows to what extent how bad your hygiene is.....

That my friend, has *expletive* all to do with where you reside !

You were alright until you said that.... I gotta pull your card here....

First off, the vast majority of the population aren't germaphobes, or... overly obsessive with cleanliness.... In plain english, it aint just people from "certain" neighborhoods, or "seedy" folks..... IDGAF what background you come from, nasty is nasty... and don't feed me any rhetoric pertaining to money & cleanliness, b/c it's BS..... and don't jump to the obvious extreme of homeless people either...

Certain neighborhoods... lol... Have you seen the streets of NYC lately man.... Sure everyone walkin around in this city aren't natives, but there is a link to how a person keeps his/her general surroundings & how hygenically pressed (or obsessed) that person is.... if someone chucks a chicken bone onto the corner of flatbush & church or leaves a WSJ sprawled out on a subway seat before gettin off @ wall st, that to me is indicative of your cleanliness habits....

You didn't say this, but I'm still throwin this out there.... you have men & women that OD on deodorants & drown themselves in cologne/perfume & body sprays, as a substitute for takin a goddamn bath or shower... That to me is still freakin disgusting... all you're doin is coverin up funk.... If you're too lazy to take a bath or a shower, ughk... god knows to what extent how bad your hygiene is.....

That my friend, has *expletive* all to do with where you reside !

My point was that there are certain folks that are downright nasty, hence why I said seedy, meaning that their filth is obvious because you can smell them or they just look dirty. And yes I also made a point to include certain neighborhoods too because certain neighborhoods are downright nasty, so there's a greater likelihood of getting some nasty person on the bus for that reason. If you live in filth and see nothing but filth around you, chances are you'll be filthy too. You can call it a stereotype which it is true to a degree, but there is some truth to that. You are a product of your environment, which was my point. Sure, some slobs come from good neighborhoods too, but that's not the norm for the most part.

And that last bit about people putting on cologne to cover up stench is also true. There's a lady that used to ride the X16 who now takes the X30 over to the X14 so that she can get Downtown, and she bathes in perfume. In her case, it may be to cover up her cigarette stench since she smokes like it's no tomorrow. I do and have moved away from those types of folks on plenty of occasions. I don't eat breakfast in the morning and the last thing I want to smell is some foul odor, be it stench or perfume or cologne. I do put on a body spray after I shower and put on deodorant in the morning, but it's not very strong and is barely noticeable and I usually only spray some during hot days when I think I'm going to walking around a lot and perspiring or whatever.

I also think there's a big difference between someone throwing a chicken bone on the floor and someone leaving the WSJ on the seat. The chicken bone is downright nasty, but the newspaper thing, often times people will leave it instead of throwing it away because they know that someone will pick it up and read it. I think it's better for someone to pick it up from a seat than to go picking around in the garbage as I've seen when folks throw their newspaper away. On the other hand though, I don't leave my newspaper anywhere. I take my Italian paper with me even though I barely read it sometimes for lack of time during the day, but I am a neat freak. No question about it. You see, I go back to product of your environment argument. My dad served for a while in the military so he was neat freak from that experience and well my mom being a woman was neat too, so having two neat freak parents is where I get my neatness freak from. lol Growing up my mom would go crazy if I ate something and threw the wrapper on the floor. She would make me pick it up and put it in the garbage and now today I wouldn't dare do that since I was raised not to do so.

Lol I like how this turned into a hygiene thread from a bedbug infestation thread.

Not trying to sound like a pseudo-mod but threads are veering way too off-topic lately. Holy hell....

I don't disagree w/ the o/t-ness.... but gotta admit, they make for good discussion though !

long as whatever's being o/t isn't spam, or no flaming that derives from any of it, s'all good w/ me....

Threads have a tendency to eventually go o/t anyway...

As far as this particular discussion, I don't think it's too far o/t... it's relative...

My point was that there are certain folks that are downright nasty, hence why I said seedy, meaning that their filth is obvious because you can smell them or they just look dirty. And yes I also made a point to include certain neighborhoods too because certain neighborhoods are downright nasty, so there's a greater likelihood of getting some nasty person on the bus for that reason. If you live in filth and see nothing but filth around you, chances are you'll be filthy too. You can call it a stereotype which it is true to a degree, but there is some truth to that. You are a product of your environment, which was my point. Sure, some slobs come from good neighborhoods too, but that's not the norm for the most part.

And that last bit about people putting on cologne to cover up stench is also true. There's a lady that used to ride the X16 who now takes the X30 over to the X14 so that she can get Downtown, and she bathes in perfume. In her case, it may be to cover up her cigarette stench since she smokes like it's no tomorrow. I do and have moved away from those types of folks on plenty of occasions. I don't eat breakfast in the morning and the last thing I want to smell is some foul odor, be it stench or perfume or cologne. I do put on a body spray after I shower and put on deodorant in the morning, but it's not very strong and is barely noticeable and I usually only spray some during hot days when I think I'm going to walking around a lot and perspiring or whatever.

I also think there's a big difference between someone throwing a chicken bone on the floor and someone leaving the WSJ on the seat. The chicken bone is downright nasty, but the newspaper thing, often times people will leave it instead of throwing it away because they know that someone will pick it up and read it. I think it's better for someone to pick it up from a seat than to go picking around in the garbage as I've seen when folks throw their newspaper away. On the other hand though, I don't leave my newspaper anywhere. I take my Italian paper with me even though I barely read it sometimes for lack of time during the day, but I am a neat freak. No question about it. You see, I go back to product of your environment argument. My dad served for a while in the military so he was neat freak from that experience and well my mom being a woman was neat too, so having two neat freak parents is where I get my neatness freak from. lol Growing up my mom would go crazy if I ate something and threw the wrapper on the floor. She would make me pick it up and put it in the garbage and now today I wouldn't dare do that since I was raised not to do so.

paragraph 1: True, folks are products of their environment... However, I still think you're tryna draw a parallel between social upbringing/class & cleanliness/hygiene.... which I simply refuse to buy into....

paragraph 2: word... and more often than not, it's usually a fat woman.... See, I'm allergic to most perfumes/colognes; nose is real sensitive... not uncommon for me to start sneezin in succession when some chick passes me by that's drenched in the stuff.... even if it does "smell good"....

paragraph 3: lol... you & your italian paper....

Seriously though, I don't see any difference whatsoever b/w the two examples I gave, as far as it pertains to lack of cleanliness.... I'm not pickin up someone else's chicken bone (there's no real reason to), and I'm not pickin up a newspaper I see on a seat.... Both of which I find equally disgusting...

I notice people's habits; the licking of fingers as they turn pages, the sneezing into a newspaper, the picking of their noses while reading a newspaper - Yeah, no thank you.... and of course, you're not gonna pick up a chicken bone & start eatin the remnants or sucking the marrow dry... no thank you to that also....

If you're willing enough to throw food on the ground, or willing enough to just drop a paper on the seat for the next chap, it's still filthy AFAIC......

(which reminds me, I have to empty out my bag & get rid of those old daily free newspapers (I don't leave em on no seat) & recycle them.... which is another thing.... you should see how much of a recycle nut I am... I will save an empty poland spring or a sprite bottle I bought from a store, wait til I get home, and drop it in the ole blue bag..... same goes for, if I open anything w/ plastic wrapped around it....)

Your words not mine Mr. Park Slope... B) Anywho, getting back on topic...

Of course it's my own words and I don't live in Park Slope. Even if I did, I don't go around shoving that in everyone's face like you do with all your over priced stuff.

Of course it's my own words and I don't live in Park Slope. Even if I did, I don't go around shoving that in everyone's face like you do with all your over priced stuff.

Hmm... Well either way you can be a snob too at times, so let's not throw stones at glass houses like you're so innocent all of a sudden. I know you have a very short memory, but I don't. B) In any event, that's clearly your perception.

I don't disagree w/ the o/t-ness.... but gotta admit, they make for good discussion though !

long as whatever's being o/t isn't spam, or no flaming that derives from any of it, s'all good w/ me....

Threads have a tendency to eventually go o/t anyway...

As far as this particular discussion, I don't think it's too far o/t... it's relative...

It most certainly is relative.

paragraph 1: True, folks are products of their environment... However, I still think you're tryna draw a parallel between social upbringing/class & cleanliness/hygiene.... which I simply refuse to buy into....

To some degree yes and no. You have slobs and dirty folks in all classes.

paragraph 3: lol... you & your italian paper....

Seriously though, I don't see any difference whatsoever b/w the two examples I gave, as far as it pertains to lack of cleanliness.... I'm not pickin up someone else's chicken bone (there's no real reason to), and I'm not pickin up a newspaper I see on a seat.... Both of which I find equally disgusting...

I notice people's habits; the licking of fingers as they turn pages, the sneezing into a newspaper, the picking of their noses while reading a newspaper - Yeah, no thank you.... and of course, you're not gonna pick up a chicken bone & start eatin the remnants or sucking the marrow dry... no thank you to that also....

If you're willing enough to throw food on the ground, or willing enough to just drop a paper on the seat for the next chap, it's still filthy AFAIC......

(which reminds me, I have to empty out my bag & get rid of those old daily free newspapers (I don't leave em on no seat) & recycle them.... which is another thing.... you should see how much of a recycle nut I am... I will save an empty poland spring or a sprite bottle I bought from a store, wait til I get home, and drop it in the ole blue bag..... same goes for, if I open anything w/ plastic wrapped around it....)

LOL... You make a good point. While I've seen other people pick up used newspapers, I've never done it. I'm a bit of a germ phobe. And yes, I'm crazy w/recycling too. I say if more folks were cleaner, there would be fewer bedbugs running a muck in this city.

Archived