Road and Highway Forum?

mark1447

Just a thought. Maybe a Road and Highway Forum on this site as well?

I noticed theres a few Road Geek / buffs as well (besides myself) on this site.

Heres an example discussion going on:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f26/why-holland-tunnel-always-congested-33552.html

Road / Highways does sorta come in to transit / transportation as well, with cars, buses, trucks and etc using it each and everyday. A discussion forum would be awesome!

Anyone else things its a good idea?

I agree as well, a subforum will definitely work!

I am obviously a road geek, railfan and busfan. Road buff sounds a bit awkward in ways...

lol, I got the term "roadbuff" off Patcoman. But Road Geek off wikipedia. It dont bother me.

And thx for the support guys!

I'd also be all for it.... I think it would be a nice little addition, and it definitely ties into public transportation.... I mean, I would contribute in such a section as much as I would the bus section..... I may not be the "roadbuff" that mark & keystone is, but I most certainly have an interest in roads & highways... It's part of why I know how much I know about bus ridership habits & travel patterns.....

Yuki also raised a very good point about certain roads/hwy's & bus restrictions and what not....

I also think it's a great idea to create a new subtopic on highways/roads but it should be in the off topic section imo. Mark should get props and maybe we on the forums buy him a pizza dinner for him on that great idea. Maybe something like (just throwing a topic suggestion out there lol:cool:) Highways, Byways and Cars.

Or a contest to find the name of that new topic.

I also think there should be subforum for highway/road/waterway photos because there are some members here who takes picture of highway, bridge, road, etc.

It could also discuss about tunnel and bridges, well as cars, bicycle, pedi cab, horse carriage, cab, school bus, etc.

Yuki you seem to love boats and ferries dont you. You been pushing for that idea on all of the forums you a member of lol.:eek:

And regarding photos i think the format here is fine for non-(MTA) Bus and subway pics be in off topic section.

Yuki you seem to love boats and ferries dont you. You been pushing for that idea on all of the forums you a member of lol.:eek:

And regarding photos i think the format here is fine for non-(MTA) Bus and subway pics be in off topic section.

I was not mentioning ferries now.

I meant I was talking about river and I thought it might count with roadway.

I'm always open for anything. Post up some example forum names or something and let's figure it out. :tup:

Road & Traffic

Roads & Highways

Other Transportation

Vehicle & Road

I dont know. Something like that. But up to you of course! :(

I agree with the name "Other Transportation & Topics". Create several links, and have them be for "Airplanes & Flying Devices", "Boats & Ships", "Roads & Cars", and I would support a "Skyscrapers & Buildings" thread too, because we are mechanical and engineering buffs in the end anyway.

Cool. Now some news which is a big topic up here in the Hudson Valley.

Starting Feb. 1, 2012 the toll on the Bear Mountain Bridge, Newburgh-Beacon Bridge(Interstate 84)the FDR Mid Hudson Bridge, Kingston-Rhinecliff and Rip Van Winkle(Catskill-Hudson, NY)will jump to $1.50 cash and $1.25 for E-Zpass.

Tolls on Mid-Hudson bridges set to rise Feb. 1 - DailyFreeman.com

Archived