MTs shots of December 10

MattTrain

Nice pics, I had to take a 142 today, since I rarely on them I noticed that the B cars have a small window in the rear of the car wich makes the doors not line up with each other (across the car) So whats the point of that window? The other thing is how small they are inside. I think the 62's are bigger inside or is it the shiny interior that makes it look bigger.

Nice pictures!!

Thanks a lot!

Eastern Lawn? Where the hell is that? LOL.

Nice pics BTW, Matt

Thanks, Lance. "Eastern Lawn" is the result of the R-142 sign being mixed up between "Woodlawn" and "Eastern Pkwy Exp". That was very weird.

Nice pics, I had to take a 142 today, since I rarely on them I noticed that the B cars have a small window in the rear of the car wich makes the doors not line up with each other (across the car) So whats the point of that window? The other thing is how small they are inside. I think the 62's are bigger inside or is it the shiny interior that makes it look bigger.

The doors are misaligned in the non-cab cars on the R-142/A cars for some odd reason, you're right. The point of that window, maybe so the people sitting in the corner of the long bench can see outside the train, I'm assuming. For me I think the 62s and the 142s feel the same in terms of the room.

An R32 at Coney Island. A work train?

Work train as Dan pointed out.

^^ I'll take a 160 over a 142 any day. 142's look so poorly designed in my opinion. 160's have a lil class to them.

When you think about it, the R-160s and the R-143s are like the bigger version of the R-142s, except they are wider, longer, and all of their doors are aligned with each other, (which wasn't the case with the R-142s).

Archived