Your Favorite IRT Subway Car

Harry

Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?  

1. 1. Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?

• R62 - Kawasaki
    • R62A - Bombadier
    • R142 - Bombadier
    • R142A - Kawasaki

Even though the R142As are bucking broncos when accelerating, they are smooth when they get going. The same goes for the R142, but the propulsion of the R142A rules. The R62 and R62As are the old workhorses of the IRT, but I like brighter, newer trains........

I love the R62's. They have that "classic subway" look, feel and sound to them. Every time i ride the (7)<7> or the (1)(2)(3) i hope it's an R62.

- Andy

Well the (7)<7> and (1)(3) are completely R62/A...

I prefer the 142A. Propulsion, lighting, aesthetics, and slightly faster than any other IRT car.

Well the (7)<7> and (1)(3) are completely R62/A...

I prefer the 142A. Propulsion, lighting, aesthetics, and slightly faster than any other IRT car.

Ya, i hopped the (2) a bunch of times in a row one day, mostly the new type. The (1) and (3) even looking at videos i have are indeed generally the R62. Sometimes though i'm not paying attention if i'm going between times square and pen station because its the next stop on all 6 lines that serve both.

- Andy

R142A's are great on the (4)(6) and <6>. I like to see them on the (2) and (5) occasionally, if I can ever find one!:P

The (4) also uses the R-142S's also and I seen videos and pics of the R-142A's on the (2) and someone told me that saw a R-142A on the (5), but it would be next to see them on the (2)(5) a lil more often

R62A

I love the old look subway trains. When I think about it, the R62A were the best choice to replace the R33/36 on the 7. The 62A's still act like the Redbirds in many respects, especially the bouncing & bucking.

R62As buck? I never noticed that.

R142's are just as good as the R142a and R142s, well the R142 on the (2)(4) and (5) came first.B)

I think you got that a lil backward. R-142 on the (2) and R-142A on the (6) came out around the same time, but the R-142 on the (2) was a lil more flooded. There lots of R-142A's on the (6) with a few R-62's. Then the (4) had a few R-142A's or R-142S's and continued using the R-62's, then the (5) had several R-142's with the orginial announcements with Melissa Kliener and still have the few Redbirds and the (4) got more R-142's.

Archived