Your Favorite IRT Subway Car

Harry

Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?  

1. 1. Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?

• R62 - Kawasaki
    • R62A - Bombadier
    • R142 - Bombadier
    • R142A - Kawasaki

• 1 month later...

the R62 & 62a's for me...call me old school im a bit of a traditionalist...im still trying to get used to th R142's i love the sound of the propulsion and the braking...not to mention they use the roll signs in front rather than the digital ones that arent even color coded, wellthat is if ur riding the (2) or (3)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It was on the (2) and (5) trains many years ago way before the R-142's came along. I rode a R-62 (2) train from Simpson Street to Pelham Parkway and a R-62 (5) train from President Street to either 125th Street or 3rd Avenue-149th Street !

i think it was an R62A, not R62. before the R142/142As arrived, R62s only ran on the (4). R62As ran on the 1/9, 3, and 6 with occasional appearances on the (2) and (5). the (7) was entirely redbirds.

• 1 month later...
To me, the R62s are the R46s on the IRT with their acceleration and reliability.

Their reliability FAR outputs the R46. And they accelerate as fast as any train in the system.

_____

R142A. Their propulsion is wonderful and they run nice with all that technology!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived