On the chopping block

Harry

Here are the earliest reports of what is on the chopping block at the MTA. These reports are still early and may change.

On The Chopping Block:

• Expanded Lower East Side bus service, including fulltime M13 route for direct service to midtown.
  • Extending B71 bus route from Carroll Gardens, and the B77 from Red Hook to South Ferry in Manhattan.
  • Bx20 bus Sunday service in the Bronx and upper Manhattan.
  • Extending Bx7 bus route to Metro-North's Ludlow station in Yonkers.
  • Establishing a new Bx50 limited-stop route between Fordham Plaza, the Bronx, and LaGuardia Airport for workers and travelers.
  • The Q76 in northeast Queens and Q77 and Q42 in southwest Queens.

Here are the earliest reports of what is on the chopping block at the MTA. These reports are still early and may change.

On The Chopping Block:

• Expanded Lower East Side bus service, including fulltime M13 route for direct service to midtown.

• Extending B71 bus route from Carroll Gardens, and the B77 from Red Hook to South Ferry in Manhattan.

• Establishing a new Bx50 limited-stop route between Fordham Plaza, the Bronx, and LaGuardia Airport for workers and travelers.

As for (MTA) "extending service"........I'll believe it when i see it....how's that (G) extension to Church Ave doing???

On The Chopping Block:

There's always something wrong with (MTA) finances, and need to stop making promises that can be made. I'll BELIEVE it when I SEE IT!

On The Chopping Block:

[*]Bx20 bus Sunday service in the Bronx and upper Manhattan.

[*]Extending Bx7 bus route to Metro-North's Ludlow station in Yonkers.

The Bx20 is a useless waste of diesel. There has been to many rumors about getting rid of it, and extending the M100 (a useful route) to 246st. They need to do this already, so those along Amsterdam, St. Nicholas, and B'way can get a 1 seat ride, into the Bx. If they were to extend the M100 to 246st, it *would not* run across 125st, so reliability of service wouldn't be compromised (actually it should improve). Plus it would help take the load off the Bx7 line..... The Bx7 can still end where it does, as the Bee-Line has the 8 route that connects with the Bx7 at Mt.St. Vincent.......

The Bx20 is a useless waste of diesel. There has been to many rumors about getting rid of it, and extending the M100 (a useful route) to 246st. They need to do this already, so those along Amsterdam, St. Nicholas, and B'way can get a 1 seat ride, into the Bx. If they were to extend the M100 to 246st, it *would not* run across 125st, so reliability of service wouldn't be compromised (actually it should improve). Plus it would help take the load off the Bx7 line..... The Bx7 can still end where it does, as the Bee-Line has the 8 route that connects with the Bx7 at Mt.St. Vincent.......

According to Bronx officials, the Sunday Bx20 route is very much needed. I would take a bus operators word over a politician any day.

According to Bronx officials, the Sunday Bx20 route is very much needed. I would take a bus operators word over a politician any day.

And you would be wise to Harry.... The only officials who want this, is Riverdale residents with influence. They like having a bus running to pick up a total of 30 people one way uring the rush, and 10 off peak...... That bus isn't making money (actually none do). They need to do what all KB operators want to happen, and so does MTA (believe it or not), and extend the M100 up to 246st, stop it from running across 125st, and cancel the Bx20. The extra buses can be used for increased buses on the bx7 and M100.........

And you would be wise to Harry.... The only officials who want this, is Riverdale residents with influence. They like having a bus running to pick up a total of 30 people one way uring the rush, and 10 off peak...... That bus isn't making money (actually none do). They need to do what all KB operators want to happen, and so does MTA (believe it or not), and extend the M100 up to 246st, stop it from running across 125st, and cancel the Bx20. The extra buses can be used for increased buses on the bx7 and M100.........

That would be better. You can terminate the M100 at 125 & Amsterdam then, or 129 & Amsterdam since there's a bus layover spot already there for route M104. Just make the spot larger to fit buses from route M100 as well. I wonder if there is already a layover spot at 125 & Amsterdam. Sending route M100 to 246 means KB operators can make the relief at 218/Broadway, and the Bx20 effectively stays but now has other portions of the route to make it more useful. The Bx20 is pretty useless, since it runs the same route as the Bx7 most of the time but ends before the Bx7 in both the north and the south.

Is the route extension to Ikea on the chopping block? I think it was the B77 extension.

B77 extension to Ikea is done already as of last sunday 6/15/08. B77 buses are already going to the new IKEA store on Beard Street. Whats on the chopping block is the B71/77 going to South Ferry via Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Lets hope the (MTA) could get together by the next board meeting.

Off topic: This is what happens when congestion pricing doesn't happend and other cities like LA and Chicago get to benefit from NYC's downfall of congestion pricing.

I wonder if there is already a layover spot at 125 & Amsterdam. Sending route M100 to 246 means KB operators can make the relief at 218/Broadway, and the Bx20 effectively stays but now has other portions of the route to make it more useful. The Bx20 is pretty useless, since it runs the same route as the Bx7 most of the time but ends before the Bx7 in both the north and the south.

The Bx20 usually follows the Bx7, so the Bx7 still gets slammed. The M100 operators already make a relief at 218st, in front of the depot. The layover spot on 125st, there is none. We either double park, b/w Morningside and Amsterdam, or we will park far back in the bus stop on 125st, at Amsterdam heading N/B......

And you would be wise to Harry.... The only officials who want this, is Riverdale residents with influence. They like having a bus running to pick up a total of 30 people one way uring the rush, and 10 off peak......

Must say, you beat me to it on that one! Exactly what I was going to say!

Archived