Be Aware along Concourse D Stations

ac1962

I notice at d train stations-fordham rd-front exit,kingsbridge road-back exit,be safe at night,used to be token booth open,but now they were removed or vacant,low life's asking for money or hanging there,looking to rob someone,should be more of a police presence! Be careful!

in daytime,monday through friday it's not too bad-people are mostly going to work. on weekend be careful,may not be too busy with customer traffic. sometimes they are jamming up metro-card machines,so they can ask you for money to be swiped through.

I notice at d train stations-fordham rd-front exit,kingsbridge road-back exit,be safe at night,used to be token booth open,but now they were removed or vacant,low life's asking for money or hanging there,looking to rob someone,should be more of a police presence! Be careful!

Not just those two stations but more around the system also. The Booths have been removed due to the cuts of station agents. It's best to be alert at all times at any station as crime can happen anywhere. A word of advise in general is not to flash expensive things like Ipods, cell phones, jewelry, etc.

Stay safe friends. :)

I'll tell u this, my home station (167 Street), FWIW I do not use the McClellan Street exit (uptown/downtown) during the nighttime. There used to be a token booth there but it got removed. I heard someone got robbed at knifepoint there once during late night. I use the Fordham Road entrance and exit but during the day only. In addition, there are cops at the Fordham Road station but I don't know if there are during the nighttime. I guess those that are there during the daytime are there to hand out tickets.

This isn't new. Theres always swippers (especially fordham entry), fare beaters and etc on the Concourse Line.

Im not too worried.

All you gotta do is have common sense and not interact with these a9sholes. If you wish to head to the both and report it go ahead. Even tho i dont waste my time doing that because theres always swippers. I have warned some passengers about them. Some already know and dont care, but rather get in the system fast, some are brainless. Thats why I don't say anything anymore.

Also, most of these booths has been removed years ago. If you feel unsafe to enter a boothless entrance, then just enter where the booths are at.

Maybe this is why they have BxM4 along Grand Concourse because it's seen as being a bit safer. I point this out only because some folks around here keep asking why they have an express bus that parallels the subway. I know a few folks have told me that they use the express bus solely for that reason in the Bronx. I have to admit. I would look to use MetroNorth or the express bus as much as possible in the Bronx and not just in my future neighborhood (Riverdale) either. :eek: The Bronx is a funny place. You have some very affluent areas aside from Riverdale (Country Club, Throgs Neck, City Island, Morris Park & Pelham Bay) but you have to go past the rough ones to get to the jewels. :eek:

Maybe this is why they have BxM4 along Grand Concourse because it's seen as being a bit safer. I point this out only because some folks around here keep asking why they have an express bus that parallels the subway. I know a few folks have told me that they use the express bus solely for that reason in the Bronx. I have to admit. I would look to use MetroNorth or the express bus as much as possible in the Bronx and not just in my future neighborhood (Riverdale) either. :eek: The Bronx is a funny place. You have some very affluent areas aside from Riverdale (Country Club, Throgs Neck, City Island, Morris Park & Pelham Bay) but you have to go past the rough ones to get to the jewels. :eek:

The BXM4 has nothing to do with all the problems on the Concourse Line. Its mainly meant for those who live in Woodlawn, Norwood and those near the Yonkers/Bronx Border, who want direct access to/from Manhattan without using the local Bus (BX31/34) to the subway.

And it gives riders along Concourse an alternative to the (:)/(D), even tho i dont see many people getting on it when im on Concourse.

The BXM4 has nothing to do with all the problems on the Concourse Line. Its mainly meant for those who live in Woodlawn, Norwood and those near the Yonkers/Bronx Border, who want direct access to/from Manhattan without using the local Bus (BX31/34) to the subway.

And it gives riders along Concourse an alternative to the (:)/(D), even tho i dont see many people getting on it when im on Concourse.

Yes, that's its main purpose, but plenty of folks in the Bronx use the express bus to avoid the subway because they feel its safer.

Truthfully Bronx is the borough in New York City that gets a bad rap of being the Ghetto.

meanwhile Brooklyn has its ghetto areas too that the subway passes through to get to better spots.

Queens is lucky that the ghetto parts aren't near the subway for the most part.

BE AWARE AT ALL TIMES!

DON'T WALK AROUND PLUGGED INTO A GOD-DAMNED iPOD!

WATCH PEOPLE FROM A DISTANCE, DO NOT ASSUME IT OFFENDS THE OTHER PERSON PASSING YOU THAT YOU KEEP THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE ON HIM!

• PAN AROUND AND SLOW YOUR PACE AS YOUR HEAD REACHES ABOVE GROUND-IS SOMEONE SCOPING POTENTIAL TARGETS BEHIND YOU???

• KEEP THOSE KEYS THROUGH YOUR FINGERS-AS SOON AS YOU THINK YOU SEE A WEAPON ITS FIGHT-OR-FLIGHT TIME—THAT MEANS FIGHT (FOR ME) BECAUSE THEY RARELY WORK ALONE!!!

i used to work on the D line...out of 167.... really wasnt as bad as any where else is the system...........i've heard more stories about subway lines in East NY and most of bk being unsafe more then the Bx !

I remember watching a big brawl between Patrias (Dominican gang) and Crips at Norwood Av. Sometimes the Patrias go from car to car on the (J) asking any young Black or Puerto Rican teen if they're Crip, yelling out gang calls and what not. It's pretty much them that cause most of the trouble along the (J). Speaking of them, just the other day they were chasing a Q56 while throwing Snapple bottles.

Ha. You were sure right for emphasising ocasional. How many times have you done it as a teenager? Maybe a lil' guilt would be lifted off my shoulder. B)

I only jumped the turnstile a few times. I was hanging out in the Village (went to get some heavy metal CDs) :cool: and I remember sneaking through the turnstile there at West 4th street to take the subway. It was so easy because no one was around so I said **** it. Why pay? lol. I had the money but it was more of a wanting to beat the system thing. Wouldn't do it today though, but you're a teenager so you know what I mean. B)

I also did something crazy with some of my friends back in high school. Two of my friends lived on East 16th Street about half a block from each other right by the Brighton line. My friend Dave's backyard was a skip and a hop away from the actual tracks (blocked by a little fence of course ;)), so we decided one day to hop the fence and run down to the Neck Road station since we heading to the Village to hang out and buy some metal CDs and such. :cool: :rock: Not sure why either, but I got a rush doing it. lol I guess part of it was trying to make it to the platform before the train came since we all could've been hit and crushed since where we were as I recall, there isn't much room to avoid being hit by the train. lol I can't remember being drunk either or why we did it, but it happened for some reason. B) I guess it was just so easy to do it and on the edge that we figured why not.

We passed our other buddy Pete's house along the way (who was with us at the time) (his house actually overlooked the train tracks by Neck Road). I was the slow one though despite having long legs although my other friends are tall as well. Seemed like I couldn't keep up with the gravel and rocks everywhere B), but I made it eventually. My friend Dave eventually got hit with a ticket though ($60.00) for hopping the turnstile on another occasion somewhere in the city I believe. B)

I only jumped the turnstile a few times. I was hanging out in the Village (went to get some heavy metal CDs) :cool: and I remember sneaking through the turnstile there at West 4th street to take the subway. It was so easy because no one was around so I said **** it. Why pay? lol. I had the money but it was more of a wanting to beat the system thing. Wouldn't do it today though, but you're a teenager so you know what I mean. B)

I also did something crazy with some of my friends back in high school. Two of my friends lived on East 16th Street about half a block from each other right by the Brighton line. My friend Dave's backyard was a skip and a hop away from the actual tracks (blocked by a little fence of course ;)), so we decided one day to hop the fence and run down to the Neck Road station since we heading to the Village to hang out and buy some metal CDs and such. :cool: :rock: Not sure why either, but I got a rush doing it. lol I guess part of it was trying to make it to the platform before the train came since we all could've been hit and crushed since where we were as I recall, there isn't much room to avoid being hit by the train. lol I can't remember being drunk either or why we did it, but it happened for some reason. B) I guess it was just so easy to do it and on the edge that we figured why not.

We passed our other buddy Pete's house along the way (who was with us at the time) (his house actually overlooked the train tracks by Neck Road). I was the slow one though despite having long legs although my other friends are tall as well. Seemed like I couldn't keep up with the gravel and rocks everywhere B), but I made it eventually. My friend Dave eventually got hit with a ticket though ($60.00) for hopping the turnstile on another occasion somewhere in the city I believe. B)

Crazy story man. :cool: I would share some of mines, but you know how some on here are, they wanna play goodie goodie and bash... And yea, it's definitly a rush. Sometimes I feel the same way - no one's around, so why pay? Save the fare for another trip. If I do get caught one day, hopefully my good manners will free me of a ticket, just maybe.

Yes, that's its main purpose, but plenty of folks in the Bronx use the express bus to avoid the subway because they feel its safer.

To feel safer? In this city and world theres nothing safe. The only safe place is home. (If your secured)

I go on the Concourse a lot of times and i feel safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived