MTA/NICE Relationship

Pensioner ass? First of all im not that old. second of all for someone who`s biggest accomplishment in life is learning to wipe your own ass, you sure talk like you have all the answers.

So let me make you County Executive Joel Up Front. Where are you getting the $20,000,000 dollars to pay the MTA? You seem to have all the answers , lets hear it.

Joe

Not even gonna get involved in this flame war both of you need to take a chill pill

For those who didn't see it, bus operator Hound posted this on SubChat:

Speaking of keeping on time-I looked over some of the runs on the new Veolia pick. They have cut the deadhead time on many runs. For example-only 11 min. from Mitchell field to Mineola(presently 15),12 Min. from MF to Freeport(Presently 20),34 min. from MF to Flushing at 6-something in the morning-insane!(presently 50-55). It looks like lots of runs will be starting off late. In addition-some interlined runs have long deadheads bet. routes. Would you believe Sunrise Mall to Kings Point Academy?

Wrong, BxM4C had a fare increase independent of the MTA express buses. It now only has a free pay per ride transfer from the bus only, not to the bus.

The Private Bus Lines before MTA takeover had cheaper base fares (fare stayed the same from until takeover) and all transfer privileges, so fares do not exactly have to match the MTA at all times.

If I remember as a kid. Wasn't the old MSBA cheaper than the NYC transit at one time.

If you took the time to read everything that I`ve said on this issue, you will see I am against the Privitization. All Ive tried to point out that this has been a long time in the making. EVERYONE today and in the past are to blame for it. When posters like you don`t or refuse to learn why LI Bus is in the mess it`s in. I`m trying to educate you. BTW I did not vote for Mangano, I voted for Suozzi.

My 3 questions above are 3 issues that county taxpayers like myself have asked and agree are a few of the biggest financial problems we have here. Mangano, or anyone else who would be County Executive, can`t just wave a magic wand and make disappear. I agree public transportation is a need, but he doesnt have the money, and even if he did he couldnt spend it without NIFA approval. Albany dosnt care thats why they wont help. Schumer jumps in front of TV cameras every Sunday, for a dog and pony show, about some issue. Has he done one or LI Bus? NO, why? cause he dont care about you either.

So let`s see, You are County Executive Ty24. Where are you getting $20,000,000 to pay the MTA? I eagerly await your plan.

Joe

This is why arguments start because people like you start with the name calling I didn't call you any names so don't come at me with that. And second off I don't need you to educate me about LI Bus or why it's in this situation I know why! And like I said it's other ways Mangano could've came up with to fund LI Bus I gave you one way. The county makes plenty of money off those red light cameras in a year, but I guess you didn't know that.

Like I said before the majority of the blame is on Ed Mangano and the Republicans...

Enough said! this convo is over...NEXT

Pensioner ass? First of all im not that old. second of all for someone who`s biggest accomplishment in life is learning to wipe your own ass, you sure talk like you have all the answers.

So let me make you County Executive Joel Up Front. Where are you getting the $20,000,000 dollars to pay the MTA? You seem to have all the answers , lets hear it.

Joe

rofl

blah blah blah 20,000,000 blah blah I have nothing better to do than try and troll people online

A bit of sarcasm and you go right over the edge. You're the one attacking everyone that's criticizing Mangano.

I'll continue on my merry way regardless of whatever insult-ridden, bigger-font-for-emphasis posts are directed towards me.

Yeah, it would help the riders, but it would also cut into their revenue. Not only would they not get as much revenue from the riders, but they would also have to run additional service to accomodate the riders who are only riding because of the free transfer (if there was no free transfer, they'd say "screw it" and just take the LIRR)

I mean, the N4 costs around $2 per passenger to operate, but a lot of the people are transferring from the subway and buses at Jamaica, which means that they are losing money from that route because the average fare paid is probably around $1.50 (say, if a passenger uses a pay-per-ride MetroCard with a bonus, they pay $2.10 and half that amount goes towards the N4, so it's $1.05, but then half the riders pay the full fare so it comes out to be a $1.50 average fare per passenger).

If they remove the free transfers to NYCT/MTAB services, the average fare will be a little less than $2 (because there will still be some people transferring to/from other LIB routes), and the cost per passenger will be roughly the same because the levels of crowding will be the same on each bus.

I agree with what you are saying to a certain extent, and it's true that free transfers may not be the answer. They could have it set up to where people transferring from one bus system to the other would have to pay something like $.50 to transfer, and maybe $.75 to continue on to another bus. Other regional systems have introduced that method of fare collection.

True, and let me make it clear that I hope the transfers remain free or low-cost. I just doubt whether that will actually be the case, due to the position Veolia is in.

By the way, right now, what is the situation with transferring to SCT? Is there a step-up fare or do you have to pay the full fare on each bus?

Also, did you get my PM?

True, and let me make it clear that I hope the transfers remain free or low-cost. I just doubt whether that will actually be the case, due to the position Veolia is in.

By the way, right now, what is the situation with transferring to SCT? Is there a step-up fare or do you have to pay the full fare on each bus?

Also, did you get my PM?

You have to buy a transfer on SCT ($0.25), then pay the step up on LIB...

Speaking of transfers, I find it ironic everyone is worried about Veolia accepting transfers (hey I hear ya) but every time I go into the city I pay full fare on LIB, take the LIRR and get a free transfer onto the subway. Coming home I pay full fare to take the subway, LIRR and then LIB charges me full fare to get on the bus.

No matter how I do it, LIB - LIRR - Subway or 2 LIB's and the subway LIB ALWAYS charges me an extra $2.25 to take the bus home, whereas I always get a free transfer onto the subway (within the time limit) after paying LIB that morning.

Speaking of transfers, I find it ironic everyone is worried about Veolia accepting transfers (hey I hear ya) but every time I go into the city I pay full fare on LIB, take the LIRR and get a free transfer onto the subway. Coming home I pay full fare to take the subway, LIRR and then LIB charges me full fare to get on the bus.

No matter how I do it, LIB - LIRR - Subway or 2 LIB's and the subway LIB ALWAYS charges me an extra $2.25 to take the bus home, whereas I always get a free transfer onto the subway (within the time limit) after paying LIB that morning.

So do you have to pay $0.50 or $0.75 on the LIB route (the SCT fare is $1.50, but when you buy the transfer, it's $1.75, which is a $0.50 difference from the $2.25 LIB fare)?

And also, couldn't you fix that problem by buying an Unlimited MetroCard so you don't get charged the extra $2.25 each way.

I'm sure the depots still have the diesel pumps but those haven't been used since early 2009. Pretty sure LI Operator or Hound would know more.

RVC's diesel pump was in operation until this past summer. They were used for the fleet of MCI's used for LIRR service (until the MTA took them back) This never made sense to me anyway, since the MCI's were kept at M/F which still has diesel pumps in eash of the 3 service lines, as well as 1 outside... whereas RVC only has one outside.

As an aside... I"ll try and get up some pics of the Demo Hybrid I took. I'm no longer a B/O but have a very "Nice" job and have had the opportunity to run the demo several times. Runs great! It still has sign programming from Ulster County where it was last used. (Hence Phoenicia).

As an aside... I"ll try and get up some pics of the Demo Hybrid I took. I'm no longer a B/O but have a very "Nice" job and have had the opportunity to run the demo several times. Runs great! It still has sign programming from Ulster County where it was last used. (Hence Phoenicia).

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

This is why arguments start because people like you start with the name calling I didn't call you any names so don't come at me with that. And second off I don't need you to educate me about LI Bus or why it's in this situation I know why! And like I said it's other ways Mangano could've came up with to fund LI Bus I gave you one way. The county makes plenty of money off those red light cameras in a year, but I guess you didn't know that.

Like I said before the majority of the blame is on Ed Mangano and the Republicans...

Enough said! this convo is over...NEXT

Uh didnt hi lite that line you did. If you think thats name calling, you aren`t too bright.

BTW Nassau gets about $4,000,000 a year from the red light cameras, so youre still $16,000,000 short.

Joe

A bit of sarcasm and you go right over the edge. You're the one attacking everyone that's criticizing Mangano.

I'll continue on my merry way regardless of whatever insult-ridden, bigger-font-for-emphasis posts are directed towards me.

Calling someone a sociopath and an old pensioner is not sarcasm. Those are insults. I think you should pay more attention in English class.

I did not hi lite that line, so again you`re wrong.

And of course you have no answers, cause you think with emotion, not reality. Kids your age usually think that way, but one day, hopefully, youll learn.

Joe

Which buses do you use?

That's interesting. I could see the N4/N22/N24 getting you a free transfer to the subway somewhere, but not the N19.

looks like free transfers aren't available on intra county routes and were never available to begin with. But unlimited transfers were available and would remain.

I believe in order for ridership to improve some kind of suffolk to nassau lines may have to be made

I've never transferred from SCT to LIB (or vice versa) but I'm pretty sure it's 50 cents.

Reguarding the unlimited card, I don't go into the city often enough to make an unlimited card worth the money.

Speaking of transfer, when I transfer from $2.25 Bee-Line Bus to $3.00 TZX or $2.50 CT Transit, these B/Os doesn't give step up charge when I give them MTA Paper Transfer from Bee-Line.

Archived