MTA/NICE Relationship

That's interesting. I could see the N4/N22/N24 getting you a free transfer to the subway somewhere, but not the N19.

Yep, in the morning I get a free transfer to the subway after taking the LIRR but not in the opposite direction (the way home).

Also I don't understand why we can't get a free transfer to a local bus after paying full fare on the LIRR. IMHO a system should have been set up to give you two free transfers (1 coming 1 going) on the LIRR ticket if you bought a round trip ticket.

Yep, in the morning I get a free transfer to the subway after taking the LIRR but not in the opposite direction (the way home).

Also I don't understand why we can't get a free transfer to a local bus after paying full fare on the LIRR. IMHO a system should have been set up to give you two free transfers (1 coming 1 going) on the LIRR ticket if you bought a round trip ticket.

Requires more subsidy.

Requires more subsidy.

They can implement that with the smart card system.

I like how in London you have one card. You can have unlimited trips and a pay per ride balance on one card.

If done here you would have an unlimited card for the normal stuff, and a PPR Balance for Express Buses, Air Train and PATH.

• 1 month later...

Archived