Happy Birthday To The IND 6th Avenue Line

ACEVE14

71 years ago today on my 19th aged birthday, Former New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia performed a grand opening, ribbon cutting ceremony for the

IND 6th Avenue Line, with 6 subway stops along the line: 47th-50th Sts-Rockefeller Center, 42nd St-Bryant Park, 34th St-Herald Square, 23rd St, 14th St, and W 4th St-Washington Square. Today, the legendary subway line is still going along a-ok with 4 Subway Train Lines in service: the (B) (weekdays and evenings), (D), (F) (at all times), and the (M) (weekdays and evenings until 11:30 PM or 12:00 AM). I was planning on making a video documentary about the life of an ol' subway line still running large. I was also going to take pictures

along the historic train line stop by stop, but sadly, It's a little too late for me anyway.B) But, that doesn't stop me and the IND 6th Avenue Line from turning 19 and 71 years-old. Happy Birthday To You. Happy Birthday To You. Happy Birthday Dear ACEVE14, and the IND 6th Avenue Line. Happy Birthday To You!!

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!:):):);)

71 years ago today on my 19th aged birthday, Former New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia performed a grand opening, ribbon cutting ceremony for the

IND 6th Avenue Line, with 6 subway stops along the line: 47th-50th Sts-Rockefeller Center, 42nd St-Bryant Park, 34th St-Herald Square, 23rd St, 14th St, and W 4th St-Washington Square. Today, the legendary subway line is still going along a-ok with 4 Subway Train Lines in service: the (B) (weekdays and evenings), (D), (F) (at all times), and the (M) (weekdays and evenings until 11:30 PM or 12:00 AM). I was planning on making a video documentary about the life of an ol' subway line still running large. I was also going to take pictures

along the historic train line stop by stop, but sadly, It's a little too late for me anyway.B) But, that doesn't stop me and the IND 6th Avenue Line from turning 19 and 71 years-old. Happy Birthday To You. Happy Birthday To You. Happy Birthday Dear ACEVE14, and the IND 6th Avenue Line. Happy Birthday To You!!

It was originally opened with 2 tracks. Express service wasn't there yet. 2 services used the original Sixth Avenue Line the (D) & (F).

It was originally opened with 2 tracks. Express service wasn't there yet. 2 services used the original Sixth Avenue Line the (D) & (F).

Exactly!

The express tunnel on the 6th Avenue line didn't open until 1968. Before then, the "express" tracks at 34th and West 4th lower levels were terminals as I recall.

Happy 71 birthday 6 Ave line! My favorite Manhattan line! :cool:

Happy 19 birthday ACEVE14! B)

Happy birthday to you too, LTA1992! I'm going to assume you're also 19, hence the 1992 in your username.

A correct assumtion lol thanks

Who gave birth to the 6th avenue line? Maybe Happy anniversary.

Just like a human baby, it was planned and it had to be constructed except by humans and not by cells so I'd say it was born. It has a lifespan and without proper maintenance, its lifespan can be shortened.

The construction of the Sixth Avenue Line is still controversial mainly because Sixth Avenue had PATH. Many people still believe the Second Avenue Subway should have been built instead.

I beg to differ the 6 Av line is one of the most important trunks w/o it only the (G) would serve the Culver line and Broadway would be packed, because if let's say todays service w/o 6 Av means The (MTA) having to keep a <Q> and a (W).

Plus, my home stop is Roosevelt island. my home lines are the (F)(:)(Q6Av)

I beg to differ the 6 Av line is one of the most important trunks w/o it only the (G) would serve the Culver line and Broadway would be packed, because if let's say todays service w/o 6 Av means The (MTA) having to keep a <Q> and a (W).

Plus, my home stop is Roosevelt island. my home lines are the (F)(:)(Q6Av)

The original Second Avenue Subway plan wasn't much different from the current Sixth Avenue Line track configuration. Plus it would have had 6 tracks instead of 4.

The original Second Avenue Subway plan wasn't much different from the current Sixth Avenue Line track configuration. Plus it would have had 6 tracks instead of 4.

6 tracks on 2Av? that SHOULD have been built, but i still like the 6 Av line.

Archived