Orion assigns CNG Contract to New Flyer

East New York

1. Who do I talk to when I when can't send picture of buses throw the phone.

2. How can I get that cng orion7 3g bus card box sent to me or any bus that you have.

3. This Orion CNG 1 set should go to NYCT and the other set to MTA Bus. ;)

1. The photo needs to be uploaded to a photo sharing site like Flickr, ImageShack, or Photobucket. Once that is done you can upload the photo to the site. See the Help & Feedback forum for assistance.

2. Have no idea what you are talking about.

3. None of the Orion VII's are going to NYCT.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. The photo needs to be uploaded to a photo sharing site like Flickr, ImageShack, or Photobucket. Once that is done you can upload the photo to the site. See the Help & Feedback forum for assistance.

2. Have no idea what you are talking about.

3. None of the Orion VII's are going to NYCT.

I think he's talking about those print-out bus models that you can put together.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the rear wheel power train equipment on the 3Gs: I've noticed the rear seats were made differently because the rear wheels covers on the interior are a bit wider, opposed to the Hybrid NGs, where it seems thinner, thus allowing vertical seating for more standing room vs. their current horizontal setup. What exactly is differently though?

.... unframed windows would be niceeeeeeeeeee

less leaved framed for c40's

They will have framed windows. Frameless appears to be a thing of the past.

I finally rode a 3G on the B6 this morning - #7037... It's actually a nice ride, but the operator was a bit rough on the brakes which made me grip the pole a bit harder, but still overall nice. It's weird to see the 3Gs with the partition's installed. lol And the seating style in the rear is something I'm against, as there's more seats, but less standing room; it looks tight back there.

Thats because MTA wants more seated passengers since people never move to the back. Its pointless to have all that space if nobody is going to use it.

I have a question regarding the rear wheel power train equipment on the 3Gs: I've noticed the rear seats were made differently because the rear wheels covers on the interior are a bit wider, opposed to the Hybrid NGs, where it seems thinner, thus allowing vertical seating for more standing room vs. their current horizontal setup. What exactly is differently though?

The wheel well was only revised to accomodate the 4 seats in a forward facing arrangement. It is wider than the other Orion VII's because it now doubles as a step.

You know, I've gotten a change of heart. I was against this at first but now, I'm seeing that this is going to bring not only more variety to the bus fleet, but more variety to the CNG fleet. Now I'm excited to see what the CNG 3G is going to be like. I hope it's just as much fun as the Orion V CNG. Now they will be missed, no doubt about it. I dig the 3G's so I'm sure I'll dig the CNG version.

Bring on the Orion 3G CNG!!!!! :tup::cool:

You know, I've gotten a change of heart. I was against this at first but now, I'm seeing that this is going to bring not only more variety to the bus fleet, but more variety to the CNG fleet. Now I'm excited to see what the CNG 3G is going to be like. I hope it's just as much fun as the Orion V CNG. Now they will be missed, no doubt about it. I dig the 3G's so I'm sure I'll dig the CNG version.

Bring on the Orion 3G CNG!!!!! :tup::cool:

I told you you might change your tune after a few rides! :P I just don't like the acceleration at all. Smooth yes, but MTA should not have slowed the bus down like that.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to add that to the specification clearly should have been told that it would not be needed on a diesel bus. The diesels's have less torque than the hybrids, so they would not take off like rockets anyway. They should have been tuned the transmission just like that of the Xcelsior.

• 4 weeks later...
thankk forr thee info , i wonder why tho is it because of the cost?

are they basically gonna be identical to the 1800's

I missed this post. With frameless windows, you have to make sure that rubber seal stays in place and remains soft. If it gets hard, it will crack, and water can get between the seal. They are slightly more labor intensive than framed windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I work at the Orion Plant in Oriskany N.Y. building Orion Buses. On Wednesday, at 9:15am, in a meeting with all employees in attendance it was announced that Orion Bus was going to be closed at the end of the year and production of all Orion buses will cease after current production commitments have been met. Orion will be no more. No new orders are being accepted.

ooohhh....OOHHHH NICE!!!! :P!!! will it have the same seating arrangement?

Should since it's in the city and not nassau. I can't wait for them to come but they should of at least gave CP and SC either a 3G from QV or when it was still Long Island bus a NG CNG to test out so we could of got the buses faster.

And these are to have ZF trannys? Oh man this will be interesting to hear.

The Orion CNGs we have now have some pretty sweet ZFs in em.

But my bet is that they'll sound close to this (minus the axles of course)

Archived