Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

Orion assigns CNG Contract to New Flyer

Yep, ZF, Luminator Titan, 4One seating in the same or similar seating arangement as the diesels, and frameless windows.

The f**k? FRAMELESS windows? I thought TA was done with those!

UPDATE:

The bus that MTA looked at was not 570. The frames of 570-573 will be delivered to Oriskany for production by June 11th.

Has anyone been able to or knows how to only replace the glass when replacing a broken passenger window? The parts usually only come in with glass bonded to the frame.

I figure it comes that way because there is very little tolerance between the passenger windwos (5mm). But I am looking for ways to only replace the glass without replacing the whole frame assembly.

Has anyone been able to or knows how to only replace the glass when replacing a broken passenger window? The parts usually only come in with glass bonded to the frame.

I figure it comes that way because there is very little tolerance between the passenger windwos (5mm). But I am looking for ways to only replace the glass without replacing the whole frame assembly.

Sorry this doesn't relate to this topic. Please put this in the MTA Random Thought Thread.

Where is the test bus there is only a few days left until July. Leave

It's due in July now. I posted a few weeks back that there was a delay. Delivery of the production buses is now set to begin in December.

Guest MTA Bus

I just realized that these will be the last new Orions that the MTA will ever receive. Same goes for N.I.C.E

• Upvote 1

Wow where have you been? But this is sad we are losing our #1 bus model and for the last order we are only getting 74 or 79 buses. That's sucks.

Yeah they should just even out these order to 80 for MTA and 50 for NICE. But I think MTA should had of gotten 90 buses and NICE gets 60. IF Nice ever hopes to increase service they need buses to do it, otherwise they will just have to keep changing or cutting routes.

So, are we getting C40LFRs now? The article said they'd be virtually identical to the C40LFs, but I thought MTA ordered the last LF shells with that order.

Wow, SC is gonna be using the same bus model for the next 15 years or so. :mellow:

I guess this is good in the sense that there won't be another oddball in the TA bus fleet, as with all these 90 bus test fleets there gonna be several of them unless the TA decides its gonna split the next major 40 foot order between New Flyer & Nova.

I still hope maybe these will be the LFR, but I doubt it though.

• Upvote 1

So, are we getting C40LFRs now? The article said they'd be virtually identical to the C40LFs, but I thought MTA ordered the last LF shells with that order.

It's really not a big deal for New Flyer to make more of the old-style LF front and rear ends.