Orion assigns CNG Contract to New Flyer

East New York

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on 7665 last night, and that has tobe the fastest OG CNG I have been on to date! I was never really a fan of the DD50G anyway.

Come to JG and ride 7576, 7583, 7586......I can assure you, you'll beg to differ. I CANNOT STAND the VII CNGs, but them buses I mentioned is the truth!!!!

Looking at where these buses may go....is it possible for WF to give JG Their c40lfs for JGs O7 CNGs? WF has about 54buses and gleason 65 O7s....they should swap...so that would be less parts to a depot gleason would have 230-489 and west.farms have 7560-7819....then west farms is set....then 74 more buses....divides up for mainly CP then a little more for SC and an extra 10 for gleason....gleason an all NF depot...CP an all NF depot...SC maybe if there O7 NGs get sent to either LGA or BP for those ExBees...and SC an all NF depot....does that make sense?

Looking at where these buses may go....is it possible for WF to give JG Their c40lfs for JGs O7 CNGs? WF has about 54buses and gleason 65 O7s....they should swap...so that would be less parts to a depot gleason would have 230-489 and west.farms have 7560-7819....then west farms is set....then 74 more buses....divides up for mainly CP then a little more for SC and an extra 10 for gleason....gleason an all NF depot...CP an all NF depot...SC maybe if there O7 NGs get sent to either LGA or BP for those ExBees...and SC an all NF depot....does that make sense?

No.....not even in the slightest.

And for the last frickin time, this is an MTA BUS order. NO extras for ANYONE other than CP and SC!! The OGs from SC might just retire some Ex-Bee Lines and MTA BUS RTSs. Nothing more, nothing less. This will have absolutely NOTHING to do with JG, WF or ANY of the VII CNGs.....

No.....not even in the slightest.

And for the last frickin time, this is an MTA BUS order. NO extras for ANYONE other than CP and SC!! The OGs from SC might just retire some Ex-Bee Lines and MTA BUS RTSs. Nothing more, nothing less. This will have absolutely NOTHING to do with JG, WF or ANY of the VII CNGs.....

ok relax its not that serious...i didnt state a fact...i gave my little possibility and my bad if i said 10buses to gleason from a MTA bus order...no need to throw caps.at my face...geez

For the last time Gleason is not going to become all C40. They been doing fine with 2 types of huses to maintain since the original C40s came in along with the original batch of Orion Vs came in. Then you got the Orion VIIs that came in which made it 3 types. They been doing good all these years so why change it now

Question for East New York or anyone that may know.... Considering these VII's were planned to be in production before Orion ceased production does that mean Orion has the parts for the ()' />'s cancelled buses on hand or would they have ordered them prior the order being built?

The reason I ask is I wonder if someone wojuld get a special on these buses if they decided to pick up the ()' />'s cancelled order...?

Question for East New York or anyone that may know.... Considering these VII's were planned to be in production before Orion ceased production does that mean Orion has the parts for the ()' />'s cancelled buses on hand or would they have ordered them prior the order being built?

The reason I ask is I wonder if someone wojuld get a special on these buses if they decided to pick up the ()' />'s cancelled order...?

The first 4 buses were already built, so Orion is now trying to find another purchaser for the bus, which will definitely get a discount. Last I heard they were going to try and offer them to NICE.

And yes, they do have parts for the additional buses as well. The Oriskany, NY plant will remain open as a parts center to support the nationwide, and Canadian Orion operations for some time to come.

The first 4 buses were already built, so Orion is now trying to find another purchaser for the bus, which will definitely get a discount. Last I heard they were going to try and offer them to NICE.

And yes, they do have parts for the additional buses as well. The Oriskany, NY plant will remain open as a parts center to support the nationwide, and Canadian Orion operations for some time to come.

now that these buses arent coming anymore...are there any photos of the buses? i would really like to see one

i have a friend in CAN that i met on PS3. he went to NF plant...saw the C40LFs along with other D60LFRs xd60 xn60 and xde60s with some other 40fts like te xcelsior...and he saw our c40lfs their already painted just some dont have logos and some are still white...he said the rear doors have latches like the front of them which proves they open inward...so i think the spec change for 570-6xx will have different doors! i need to get to that plant!

i have a friend in CAN that i met on PS3. he went to NF plant...saw the C40LFs along with other D60LFRs xd60 xn60 and xde60s with some other 40fts like te xcelsior...and he saw our c40lfs their already painted just some dont have logos and some are still white...he said the rear doors have latches like the front of them which proves they open inward...so i think the spec change for 570-6xx will have different doors! i need to get to that plant!

How about we wait and see.....and RELAX!

I never knew our buses had latches on the doors to begin with...

?? theres nothing to wait and see

Um, yes there is. The fact is that those NEWER buses havent gotten here yet...plus New Flyer JUST got award the extra bus order so 570 and up could NOT have been built as of yet.......

And what latches are you talking about????

Until they arrive on MTA property, your post is pure speculation....

Again, let's wait and see.....

In Canada? I thought our buses were coming out of Crookston?

• 2 weeks later...

In the July 27th minutes from the Central New York RTA board meeting, there is a mention that Orion has approached Centro to see if the authority is interested in purchasing three buses at the Orion plant at a 'highly discounted' price. The text does not mention what powerplant the buses have, but I'm guessing that these are the MTA pilot buses.

In the July 27th minutes from the Central New York RTA board meeting, there is a mention that Orion has approached Centro to see if the authority is interested in purchasing three buses at the Orion plant at a 'highly discounted' price. The text does not mention what powerplant the buses have, but I'm guessing that these are the MTA pilot buses.

Would make sence that either CENTRO or NICE would want them since they are CNG models.

Archived