Mta needs to better protect engineers, bus operators and conductors

ac1962

A few months ago, i read of a bus operator getting attacked on the bx-19 bus,she informed passenger that she could not stop at a bus stop because of construction,at the next and last stop,the driver was punched,kicked and dragged from seat,a conductor was spat on 0n 4 lexington avenue line,the list goes on and on,what is wrong with people? Workers are being constantly assaulted and these punks get away with it.partitions should already have been installed on all buses,what's the delay?

Bus operators are in the most danger since they are unable to close themselves from the crowd. C/Rs and T/Os are better protected and the engineers, well they mostly sit in the office with occasional review of progress of various projects, I suspect the chance of them being attacked is way lower than that of B/Os. The new MTA CEO wants to improve the safety of the workers, well lets see what he can do.

i agree with everything. They need good protection. Like Bus operator should wear bullet proof vest, cup(for men), head shields that cover their faces inside enclose driver area with bullet proof glass(i am sure they are right now). Train operators and conductors should have head shield to protect their faces and possible bullet proof vest.

What kills me is that we CANNOT defend ourselves cause we would be fired or something like that yup Oh it's true.We got it bad and now you see why I am all up in arms about us getting complained about etc....Leave us alone ,Don't start nothing ,Won't be nothing .

I had nothing to do with your husband cheating on you or giving you all that work to finish as you was leaving the office,HEY we are just trying to do a impossible job that most can't do so go bother someone else.

Yous Truly KR....The PEOPLES BUS OP

i agree with everything. They need good protection. Like Bus operator should wear bullet proof vest, cup(for men), head shields that cover their faces inside enclose driver area with bullet proof glass(i am sure they are right now). Train operators and conductors should have head shield to protect their faces and possible bullet proof vest.

Just give me a tazer and I'll buzzzz the ish out of them lol.

With all this gear you stated ,We are gonna look like RoboCop:) Your move creep:)...sorry I know you mean well

Archived