Sorry G riders no improvements this time around

Harry

But if the Church Avenue extension passes will there be express service for the F

That is not known at the time but most likely not. I don't think there will ever be any (F) express service anytime soon. It will remain as is for the time being.

The reason they treat the G like crap is the main people that ride are immigrant, black and Hispanic. If the G went thru Manhattan, then rich white Americans would be riding, and it would be a non OPTO 8 car train line. That's why the MTA treats the G like crap.

It really isn't a matter of race. Its a choice made by the (MTA). There is money and an influx of people with money all along the stretch of the (G). I dont even think the (G) runs OPTO any more. As I can see, as much as I can't stand the platform dash, the four cars can just about handle the passenger load. It's just the frequency & the relentless B.S. G.O.'s i cant stand. The (G) is a process by the (MTA) to relentlessly destroy and amputate the Crosstown line, primarly on the basis that it is not necessary due to it's lack of train service in Manhattan. The (G) does not need Manhattan train service, that's the last thing it needs. What the (G) needs is to service the Brooklyn Queens areas the most efficient way possible, and these ways are feasible with the extension to its real northern terminal, 71 St, and South to its prior Southern Terminal, Church Avenue, if not further. The (G) needs a competant and knoledgeable operater, basically not the (MTA).

It really isn't a matter of race. Its a choice made by the (MTA). There is money and an influx of people with money all along the stretch of the (G). I dont even think the (G) runs OPTO any more. As I can see, as much as I can't stand the platform dash, the four cars can just about handle the passenger load. It's just the frequency & the relentless B.S. G.O.'s i cant stand. The (G) is a process by the (MTA) to relentlessly destroy and amputate the Crosstown line, primarly on the basis that it is not necessary due to it's lack of train service in Manhattan. The (G) does not need Manhattan train service, that's the last thing it needs. What the (G) needs is to service the Brooklyn Queens areas the most efficient way possible, and these ways are feasible with the extension to its real northern terminal, 71 St, and South to its prior Southern Terminal, Church Avenue, if not further. The (G) needs a competant and knoledgeable operater, basically not the (MTA).

Give the (G) a general manager, just like on the (7) and (L). A GM that actually cares for the line. Then see what happens.

But if the Church Avenue extension passes will there be express service for the F, then a permanent terminal for the (G) at Court Square that would really suck for weekend riders on the Queens Line, even though they're already smacked around since they almost never run there anymore on weekends...

The easiest way to make the (G) go to Manhattan is to build a track connection at Hoyt Schermerhorn to the (A)/© then have the (G) Terminate at Chambers Street, but it would cut off service from Bergen to Smith-9th, leaving the F stuck serving them, and then screwing up service around there, ah! Missing connections from Bergen to Hoyt! Then again, riders can always transfer at Borough Hall..

If anything goes express along Culver, it will be the (V) someday if/when they extend the line. Park Slope residents like their (F) train, and many would be thrown for quite a loop if suddenly it started running express when they needed to get to work. Culver express is something that is still a ways off, but something that those residents would go for so long as it wasn't their (F) train. Running the (F) express with the (G) local wouldn't work because they like their one seat ride to Manhattan.

Archived