Why is it harder to get hired by mnrr and lirr,than by nyc transit authority?

ac1962

Why is it a more difficult to be hired by lirr, mnrr than nyc transit authority? I recently was called for interview for lirr car appearance maintainer and they are establishing a candidate pool. After i finished interview i was asked to submit a writing sample. I believe the next step is a physical,the interview went very well. There is no test,just submitted resume by e-mail,posting was in august. How come there is no written test for lirr and mnrr jobs? Transit authority always give a test. Is it a good sign,that they asked for a writing sample after interview? How long is it before they call from applicant pool? I hear mnrr and lirr hiring process is more in depth than nyc transit authority.always look for postings on mta website,they are here one day and gone the next! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

How come there is no written test for lirr and mnrr jobs?

As far as I know MNRR has tests for all jobs including coach cleaner as I took it in 2008 when I applied for custodian. They give the same test for coach cleaners and custodians as the work is similar.

I think it comes down to the classification of what the jobs fall under. Where Transit is a Civil Service job for the city and both Rail Roads fall under state workers even though we do serve the public as well.LIRR and MNRR are really RR companies that fall under the MTA umbrella.Just like CSX and Amtrak and any other RR out there other then the fact instead of freight they move commuters.Every document and pay stub has the word Company behind Long Island Rail Road.So both RR are allowed to pick and choose who they want to hire.As you know there is no test for CAM's but any other craft coming off the street or current employee you have to take a test.

Just as someone else bought out ,be patient and stop worrying over it.Believe me you made it further then boat load of other people.Just go on in life just as it isn't there.Once it comes everything will go by swiftly.

Archived