LIRR-Yardmaster

Muffinz05

I recently received an invitation for the yardmasters trainee program. While reading the email, I noticed that they give you an aptitude test. Is this basic reading and math questions and what is the dress code b/c they really didn't state it in the email other than no sneakers. Also, I have a basic job description/responsibilities of a yardmaster but any other insight would be helpful.

I recently received an invitation for the yardmasters trainee program. While reading the email, I noticed that they give you an aptitude test. Is this basic reading and math questions and what is the dress code b/c they really didn't state it in the email other than no sneakers. Also, I have a basic job description/responsibilities of a yardmaster but any other insight would be helpful.

While I do not work for the MTA, my general rule with these things is start really fancy (suit and tie) for your first day, then work down from there. Better to be overdressed than underdressed, especialyl since they already told you not to wear sneakers, and since it sounds like you will be indoors taking tests the first day, not getting dirty in the yard.

You can always bring a change of clothes with you in a bag if you are too fancy.

Archived