Does the N, Q and W really need any more improvements

Eastman346

I ask you do you think the (N), (Q) and (W) lines need any more improvements than it already has. The (N) and (W) uses the NTTs and that's improvement already. The (Q) trains will get NTTs soon and run very well during the weekdays as is. Maybe I'm missing something. I think another line could have used some more improvements instead of these.

The (N) can get a little better, also have faster headways like say weekends.

So as far as weekend service headways its fine the way it is.

The (Q) is just fine, can't complain about that line.
My thoughts exactly. To me its fine the way it is.

The (W) is just a supplement and service is just right for it.

I call it the filler and it works good when you need it.

The lines which had older cars were one of the first to get R160s. The (N) used to run older cars, and so did the (W). The (W)'s current feet of R68s is being pushed to the (:P to retire those older cars. As for the (Q), maybe the (MTA) wanted to impress tourists along Broadway with newer cars. Another thing, R160s are only going to lines that run from yards that can handle the R160 (since the car uses roof-mounted AC systems). The (N), (Q), and (W) trains run out of Coney Island Yard, which the (B)(D)(G)(N)(Q)(W) trains run out of.

The (N) runs absolutely great 95% of the time during the weekdays. There are some uncontrollable situations far beyond the reach of anyone that can really screw it up. For the most part, it gets me to work on time everday.

(N)icon14.gif

(Q)icon14.gif

(W)icon14.gif

The lines which had older cars were one of the first to get R160s. The (N) used to run older cars, and so did the (W). The (W)'s current feet of R68s is being pushed to the (:P to retire those older cars. As for the (Q), maybe the (MTA) wanted to impress tourists along Broadway with newer cars. Another thing, R160s are only going to lines that run from yards that can handle the R160 (since the car uses roof-mounted AC systems). The (N), (Q), and (W) trains run out of Coney Island Yard, which the (B)(D)(G)(N)(Q)(W) trains run out of.

Wait a sec... doesn't the (G) run out of Jamaica?

Metatops.... the R68/As are being pushed to the (:D to retire the R40s.

I saw a post about the (N) running express on weekends... how bout running the (W) local on weekends and the (N) express, like weekday service? Or is ridership too low for that?

Wait a sec... doesn't the (G) run out of Jamaica?

Metatops.... the R68/As are being pushed to the (:P to retire the R40s.

I saw a post about the (N) running express on weekends... how bout running the (W) local on weekends and the (N) express, like weekday service? Or is ridership too low for that?

I say no. Leave the (W) as it is. Ridership is lower. I don't think they should run the (N) express during the weekends because it would put more congestion on the (R). That means more wait time while connecting to a train. I DO think that more trains should be put up on the line especially when the (7)s G.O occur.

(N) service has improved a lot with the NTTs. I would make one change to the N announcements on the weekends though. The usual announcement confuses the riders. It should like the <6> northbound. "This is a Brooklyn-bound N train via the Bridge" or something like that.

(W) Ditto.

(Q) Performs fine. It could use some NTTs.

Hmm...the (R) is lonely.

Wait a sec... doesn't the (G) run out of Jamaica

Rumor has it that the (G) was transferred to Coney Island, or already has been. None of the following, I repeat, NONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS BASED ON ANY EVIDENCE AND IS COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED, but if the R160A-2s of the base order go to the (G), the R46 will be sent to Jamaica for use on the (F) or (R). This will mean less R32s on both lines.

(N) Fine

(Q) Leave the 68s/68A's:cool:

(W) Extended via 4 Av Local to either Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway via West End, Bay Ridge-95 St, or Gravesend-Kings Highway via Sea Beach, weekday middays, and perhaps rush hours; hence, re-routing the (M) via Brighton Local to Brighton Beach or Coney Island.

(W) Extended via 4 Av Local to either Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway via West End, Bay Ridge-95 St, or Gravesend-Kings Highway via Sea Beach, weekday middays, and perhaps rush hours; hence, re-routing the (M) via Brighton Local to Brighton Beach or Coney Island.

I disagree. The (W) should remain the way it is. Backup on the Sea Beach then 4th Ave local and continue on as Broadway local. The (M) should remain on the West End as is.

I disagree. The (W) should remain the way it is. Backup on the Sea Beach then 4th Ave local and continue on as Broadway local. The (M) should remain on the West End as is.

But then, hmm, the (D)(M)(N)(R)(W) via 4 Av? In My opinion, Thats alot for it too handle; hence the (M) re-route back to Brighton after 20 years would probably work.B)

But then, hmm, the (D)(M)(N)(R)(W) via 4 Av? In My opinion, Thats alot for it too handle; hence the (M) re-route back to Brighton after 20 years would probably work.B)

The 4th ave is good they should not touch it. It's only 36st, 25th, Prospect, 9th, Union, Pacific with 2 full time and 1 part time line.

Archived