The X28 has the new buses too...

MattTrain

Nice looking catches, 2453, sheesh these Prevosts are coming fast. I still haven't gotten any shots of one, looks like I gotta soon. Good stuff.

Thanks a lot. I didn't expect this to be on the X28 actually. I thought it was a X9 from a far. I was walking along 5th Avenue, just missed a Prevost on the X1 so I decided to take a X28 home and the first one that came, was a Prevost bus.

Hot shots. :tup:

Thank you, Thank you very much! :cool:

Well now, you managed to get my office building in one of your shots... :) And yes I saw 2453 as well as I was heading to Whole Foods today around 15:00 or so. I actually took 2406 today on the X1 down there since I couldn't catch a limited stop bus for my life. B) Anywho, I had a better chance to check out everything since I got on at 41st & 5th and it was empty. Looks like the seats aren't as bad as I thought, BUT you have to make sure to only sit in certain seats because some of them offer no leg room. Also they've used a lot of "soft material" on the walls and by the overhead lights and the ceiling as well I see... Bad idea, but oh well.

Well now, you managed to get of my office building in one of your shots... :) And yes I saw 2453 as well as I was heading to Whole Foods today around 15:00 or so. I actually took 2406 today on the X1 down there since I couldn't catch a limited stop bus for my life. B) Anywho, I had a better chance to check out everything since I got on at 41st & 5th and it was empty. Looks like the seats aren't as bad as I thought, BUT you have to make sure to only sit in certain seats because some of them offer no leg room. Also they've used a lot of "soft material" on the walls and by the overhead lights and the ceiling as well I see... Bad idea, but oh well.

Oh so you work around that area I photographed. Maybe we'll bump into each other someday. The legroom wasn't an issue with me (I'm 5 foot 9 inches tall) It was a great ride overall. I'll get used to this eventually. Maybe they modified the seats or something because I heard the buses delivered earlier were tight in legroom.

Cool pics!

Thank you very much.

Oh so you work around that area I photographed. Maybe we'll bump into each other someday. The legroom wasn't an issue with me (I'm 5 foot 9 inches tall) It was a great ride overall. I'll get used to this eventually. Maybe they modified the seats or something because I heard the buses delivered earlier were tight in legroom. [/font]

Uh huh... I saw FamousNYLover on 5th Avenue a few months back taking bus surveys, so you never know where I'll be.... ;)

That's fast if 2400-2452 have been delivered, I believe that's the case over there. It's not too hard finding them. I saw like 5-6 of them along 5th Avenue yesterday.

Yeah, Yukon gave up a lot of its newer buses, so you'll be seeing plenty of those Prevosts around.

Uh huh... I saw FamousNYLover on 5th Avenue a few months back taking bus surveys, so you never know where I'll be.... ;)

Yeah, Yukon gave up a lot of its newer buses, so you'll be seeing plenty of those Prevosts around.

Yukon should have about 40 of these by now (providing that they all have been delivered). Plus I don't think any of those Prevost were given up by Yukon if that's what you meant. If anything Ulmer Park used to have 2400 (the one with no blue stripe at the front) before Yukon took that bus. If anything buses after like 2450 will be headed to Ulmer Park.

Yukon should have about 40 of these by now (providing that they all have been delivered). Plus I don't think any of those Prevost were given up by Yukon if that's what you meant. If anything Ulmer Park used to have 2400 (the one with no blue stripe at the front) before Yukon took that bus. If anything buses after like 2450 will be headed to Ulmer Park.

By "newer" I was referring to their 22XXs, which Castleton now has. I do have one question though... Does anybody know if they use recycled fareboxes on the buses? This is a new bus 2453, but the farebox looks used. :confused:

By "newer" I was referring to their 22XXs, which Castleton now has. I do have one question though... Does anybody know if they use recycled fare boxes on the buses? This is a new bus 2453, but the fare box looks used. :confused:

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah I did see a MCI D4500 CT on the X10 numbered 2212, as shown in this thread. As for the farebox, it's a recycled one.

Yukon has most of their buses.

I believe they are missing 2401, 2447, 2448.

Yukon now has 2449, NOT SEEN BY ME, but seen a pic somewhere in the forum.

Ulmer Park does have 2450 and 2453. Bus deliveries will become more moderate during the month of January, but the prevosts are coming fast.

Hope new MCI's can start commence delivery in mid-2012.

Archived