What is the longest bus route in the five borugh's?

ac1962

If it's by time rather than distance, it's definitely the M5. Not only does it run straight down the middle of Manhattan on some of the most congested streets in the city, it also goes almost the entire length of Riverside Drive, which is two ways and has no timed lights.

On weekdays, the LIMITED that leaves Washington Heights at 1:00 arrives at South Ferry at 2:53, which is just under two hours.

The Q60 would be considered the longest route to some because it makes a lot of stops, while the Q44 makes limited.

The number of stops is irrelevant. The title of this thread directly implies a reference to distance, so that is the criterion that counts.

The Q44 IS longer than the Q60 because 13.5 miles IS a longer distance than 10.6 miles. Period.

If it's by time rather than distance, it's definitely the M5. Not only does it run straight down the middle of Manhattan on some of the most congested streets in the city, it also goes almost the entire length of Riverside Drive, which is two ways and has no timed lights.

On weekdays, the LIMITED that leaves Washington Heights at 1:00 arrives at South Ferry at 2:53, which is just under two hours.

Yea you are definitely right about that one, I hate driving the m5, its too long and has too many stops

If it's by time rather than distance, it's definitely the M5. Not only does it run straight down the middle of Manhattan on some of the most congested streets in the city, it also goes almost the entire length of Riverside Drive....

Remember that Riverside Drive extends from 72nd Street to Dyckman (200th) Street, which is 127 blocks. The (M5) uses only 63 blocks of it (72nd to 135th), or just under half.

According to MTA.info:

mta.info | Facts and Figures

Longest rides: The longest local bus routes are Staten Island's S78, which travels 16.5 miles from the St George Ferry Terminal to Main Street in Tottenville and the S74 route, also in Staten Island, which is 17.8 miles long.

That stat being factual is no longer the case....

They should update it to reflect the current mileages of the S74 & S78....

Their respective southern end terminals has been changed since then (since that stat was true)...

I thought the B6 (B6) and B82 (B82) were the longest routes in Brooklyn.

The B82 comes in as the 2nd longest bus route in Brooklyn

What about the (B6)? that route seems pretty damn long, no?

The B6 comes in 3rd or 4th place if you compare it to the B15 which look about the same distance.

The B44 is the longest in Brooklyn.

The B6 is definitely longer than the B44.

If you want to see for yourselves, map out their routes on Google Maps... I got NB B44 as ~9.9 miles (SB B44 is a little shorter due to the lesser amount of turns it has make, I got around 9.3 miles for it), and WB B6 as ~10.8 miles

Even leaving room for some error on my part, the B6 still clearly has the edge.

I got ~10.4 miles for the Westbound B82 and ~12.5 miles for the Southbound M5.

Eastbound Q60 I got ~10.6 miles and ~14.2 miles for the Southbound Q44.

Northbound M101 I got ~10.8 miles, give or take a little bit. I would imagine the M3 is similar.

By comparison, M15 actually isn't all that long, only ~8.6 miles starting from the SBS loop in South Ferry.

I might have made a mistake somewhere up there, but Google Maps makes a good ballpark estimate of route's lengths.

For me The longest routes are:

Queens local: Q60

Queens Express: X63

Bronx Local: Bx12

Bronx Express: BxM3

Manhattan: M5

Brooklyn Local: B44

Brooklyn Express : BM5

Staten Island Local: S78/S59 (weekday only version)

Staten Island Express :X17/X24

I would think the Bx39 is longer than the Bx12.

241st to Clasons Point. That's essentially Mt Vernon to East River.

Bx40/42 looks longer as well.

Archived