"Foreign" NABIs Sighted in Camden

MarkD329

Odd NJT sightings at the WRTC in Camden this evening, both of them minutes apart.

Two "foreign" NABIs in Camden, first was 5567 [home garage-Hamilton] on the 404. Door side had an ad from someplace in Princeton.

Then a few minutes later 5639 [home garage-Ironbound] was seen on the 407 with left-side and rear ad from some car dealer in North Plainfield.

Now I can understand a Hamilton bus coming to Camden [a frequent occurrence if a MCI goes down in Trenton, then a local Hamilton bus is substituted to make the run.], but WTF is an Ironbound bus doing 90 miles away from its home?

BTW, has anyone seen 5230? The roster says it is at Washington Twp Garage but this bus hasn't been seen in the South in a while.

I'm confused...we just received those 5900s..I thought they were replacing all of those NOVAs. It doesn't make sense to leave them short buses and borrow/take from other garages after receiving brand new buses. Then poor Trenton...we keep taking their buses, we took 5568 from them last Spring now 5567. Next they'll be short buses.

Now onto our other garage...I haven't seen 5201 nor 5230 in quite a while. The last time I was on 5201 was back in the summer. THis garage is still short buses too..actually in both fleets now. 5366 and 5367 were not enough to handle the NABI shortage and now that the Newton Ave garage is short I guess that means no more 5500s on the 403. Then the MCIs are short now too...its so bad that the 554 uses NABIs often now on the 5:30PM trip from Lindenwold to AC. A lot of their MCIs were sent to Egg Harbor and 3 of those smooth jake braked 8850s were sent up North.

I think NJT should have delivered more 5900s to Camden which would have killed two birds in one stone...helped their replacement of the NOVAs and sent their suburban buses down the freeway to Turnersville.

I am eager to see what's going to happen next. What NABIs are in the Newton Ave garage now?? Will Washington Twp ever receive the sufficient number of buses they need?

5201 is still at twp. It's on the 400/403 all the time. 7564 was recently taken in at Washington Twp; but that shortage is njts fault, they didn't have to give those mcis to us. Nabis are not "really" banned from the full service runs. I honestly don't know how they make service with that short amount of mcis they have.

5201 is still at twp. It's on the 400/403 all the time. 7564 was recently taken in at Washington Twp; but that shortage is njts fault, they didn't have to give those mcis to us. Nabis are not "really" banned from the full service runs. I honestly don't know how they make service with that short amount of mcis they have.

Especially when I heard about a NABI on the 554

Before I got knocked offline by some dipshit contractor from Comcast yesterday, I saw two more "foreign" NABIs in Camden. 5797 was on the 404, 5798 was on the 452. Based on the roster, these buses came from Hilton Garage [????]. These buses were fitted with bike racks, and had the Southern Division fare schedule on the fareboxes [Note: Southern Division zone fares are cheaper than Northern and Central Division fare zones.].

Just called a buddy of mine at Newton Av and I quote "5797-98 are here for good" and he stated those novas to go. He was in the office and said he would get a list of what remaining when he gets the chance. Knowing him hell forget, but I'll look into it tomorrow.

Also nabis are being sent down the the freeway to Turnersville but he didn't know which numbers.

Idk what's going on but random buses showing up outta know where makes you wonder.

I just spoke with my friend market st. & he said they are getting Oradell's 186 line which Oradell will discontinue in January's pick. its gets interesting tho bc he said that he already received word that they are gonna the rest of newton ave 5300's for the line which is like 15 of em. so that means no more suburban nabi's at newton ave which is kind of upsetting bc they do at least deserve to keep some of em.

1] What do you make of this post?

2]Will Wash. Twp get ANY more MUCH NEEDED NABIs to alleviate the shortage?

3]What buses will replace the departing [?] 5300s [and there are still NOVAs at Newton yet to be replaced]? I have seen 5639, 5640[just sighted today], 5797, 5798 at Newton. Will more come down from other garages, or will a delivery of new 6000s be coming soon?

4]What buses should I look for in the next two weeks [before the schedule change]?

Archived