PABT Bus and Gates?

Doogie

Hello

I'm new on this forum and NJT. I find myself being an info booth every time the PA while goin to restroom or grabbing a cup of coffee and resulting in telling people I don't know.

Does anyone have a PDF on all the bus# and gates they pull out of?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not even sure if a PDF even exists w/ that information....

It took a little bit of getting used to, but I got the hang of it (and I'm the farthest thing from a daily NJT rider).... I don't really feel like compiling a list here on the forums, but as 553 said, it's not all that hard.....

the 11x's run out of the same grouping (in other words, you don't have to cross the bus lanes {which you shouldn't do anyway} to get to any of the other; for example, 114 somerville I think is in the very front, and 113 clark is way in the back....

same deal w/ the 16x's (except for the 161 paterson).....

the wayne expresses & the wayne locals (the 19x's) are seperated...

the 300 gates are easy to remember... most of those are the 13x's, and the paterson/passaic routes.....

guess what runs out of gate 319 :(

Hello

I'm new on this forum and NJT. I find myself being an info booth every time the PA while goin to restroom or grabbing a cup of coffee and resulting in telling people I don't know.

Does anyone have a PDF on all the bus# and gates they pull out of?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.dougandadrienne.info/njbus/pabtgates/index.html

http://www.njbusmap.com

I might regret doing this. The last time I did this for someone, they claimed that they made this and I had to PROVE to people that I created this.

I made this when I was at NJT years ago. It might have to be updated to the new schedule and new gates but I hope that this is useful to everyone. It's in EXCEL, which you can convert to a .pdf, great for iPod Touches/iPad/iPhones and other instruments that can read .pdf files.

It's for both the GWB and the PABT. I mention again, they're a year old and I pretty much lost interest in doing these since really I wasn't at NJT no more, people treated me like shit when I left, and I was ****** more than a prostitute in Red Hook. So, maybe someone that does work at NJT can use this to someone's advantage.

- SJP

I might regret doing this. The last time I did this for someone, they claimed that they made this and I had to PROVE to people that I created this.

I made this when I was at NJT years ago. It might have to be updated to the new schedule and new gates but I hope that this is useful to everyone. It's in EXCEL, which you can convert to a .pdf, great for iPod Touches/iPad/iPhones and other instruments that can read .pdf files.

It's for both the GWB and the PABT. I mention again, they're a year old and I pretty much lost interest in doing these since really I wasn't at NJT no more, people treated me like shit when I left, and I was ****** more than a prostitute in Red Hook. So, maybe someone that does work at NJT can use this to someone's advantage.

- SJP

Thanks. 11/2010 isn't that old, anything after the service cuts shouldn't have that many major changes.

- SJP

Wow this is GREATLY appreciate it SJP!!! Thank You!

Thanks. 11/2010 isn't that old, anything after the service cuts shouldn't have that many major changes.

Change the 1am - 6am gates. I didn't put them change it. When I left NJT, they were in the 300 gates (Where they SHOULD BE, IMO, not the basement. The basement, or 60 gates, have tighter turns and can be a disaster for a rookie). You gonna have to check on each schedule to see what gate each bus leaves from after 1:01am - 6:00am

Change the 1am - 6am gates. I didn't put them change it. When I left NJT, they were in the 300 gates (Where they SHOULD BE, IMO, not the basement. The basement, or 60 gates, have tighter turns and can be a disaster for a rookie). You gonna have to check on each schedule to see what gate each bus leaves from after 1:01am - 6:00am

SJP....excellent breakdown of the routes and gates. I definitely will be printing this out and keeping a copy in my bag. You have no idea how many time people come down the the lower level gates looking for an NJT bus and unless it's a bus I've used all I can tell them is to go back upstairs. NJT really should have better signage in the PABT.

Beyond the fact that it's tight in the lower level.....it creates problems because the NJT passengers are all over the place looking for their buses because GLI and PP will pull in on a open gate upon arrival. There have been times lately that the NJT buses have to discharge/pickup in the roadway because they don't have a gate. It's a dangerous situation that won't get rectified until somebody gets hit.

BTW, for those that need to know, the 191,192,194 and 195 are running from gates 12,14,16 and 18 in the Lower Level in the South Wing until their gates are rehabbed. Also the 10/99S is now the 119 runs out of Academy's Gate 1, Lower Level-South Wing.

They should put electronic signs and that point out where each gate is whats taking off from it. The only way right now to truly find ur bus, is to either ask for help, (which alot of cops and PA worker don't even know if NJ Transit even serves the terminal. I once I had a cop very amazed NJT stoped at PABT, I was like you work here and you don't know that? he was serious. He tought PABT only served Greyhound and MTA Bus). or walk to each gate port and read the stupid felt boards that display what route is leaving. And the Directory in PABT is no help at all.

Yea, NJ Transit bus system is a pain in the ass to use, ok, I can understand the distance based fares but.....

No bus map or Pay per ride card? I mean how do to yall NYC fans be bus fanning multiple NJT bus routes in one day? I just wish they would make a bus map for their system, of course they would have to put it in sections (Like NYC does with the boroughs), that trip planner on their site is just annoying to use.

Does anybody know why NJT never bothered to make bus maps for their system? The only map I ever seen is inside the GWB bus station next to where you buy tickets for NJT buses, where a good portion of fort lee, union city, and some other towns in that area are listed.

Something slimar to the Metrocard would be nice, but I doubt it though... ;)

They should put electronic signs and that point out where each gate is whats taking off from it. The only way right now to truly find ur bus, is to either ask for help, (which alot of cops and PA worker don't even know if NJ Transit even serves the terminal. I once I had a cop very amazed NJT stoped at PABT, I was like you work here and you don't know that? he was serious. He tought PABT only served Greyhound and MTA Bus). or walk to each gate port and read the stupid felt boards that display what route is leaving. And the Directory in PABT is no help at all.

That electronic sign thing is a good idea but it cost some serious $$$$. All I can tell you is that some North Jersey Routes serve gates 319-324 along with the Howell routes and some of the JC/Ironbound and the two Hilton routes serve the 200 series gates.

I totally agree that there needs to be signs up at PABT for up to date information, but that would indeed cost a lot of $$$, with NJT and PA NY/NJ paying for it. Unless some wealthy Millionaire wants to donate his own money to get that project up and running, it's not gonna happen, im sorry to say. Personally, even if they have those TV Screens that show the buses leaving the PABT just like the ones at Newark Penn Station, that would be a GREAT improvement.

Yea, NJ Transit bus system is a pain in the ass to use, ok, I can understand the distance based fares but.....

No bus map or Pay per ride card? I mean how do to yall NYC fans be bus fanning multiple NJT bus routes in one day? I just wish they would make a bus map for their system, of course they would have to put it in sections (Like NYC does with the boroughs), that trip planner on their site is just annoying to use.

Does anybody know why NJT never bothered to make bus maps for their system? The only map I ever seen is inside the GWB bus station next to where you buy tickets for NJT buses, where a good portion of fort lee, union city, and some other towns in that area are listed.

Something slimar to the Metrocard would be nice, but I doubt it though... ;)

The way I see it, with rising fuel costs and maintenance, as well as paying for the employees, NJT has to find ways to get that money back that they're shelling out to make it work. Now, I'm not bashing MTA but I don't know of any longer line that they have than NY to Cape May or daily NY to Atlantic City. Metrocard WOULD be a nice idea but it'll never happen. You got local buses that is what, $2.25 a trip now? The Express buses is I think $6 or $6.50. NJT charges by zone because it would be INSANE if NJT charges someone that wants to go from NY to Willowbrook Mall $6 and that very same price to go from NY to Atlantic City or Philadelphia to Cape May. Think of NJT as a mini-Greyhound: You pay a rate depending on your stop. For example, when I take trips to NYC now from Pittsburgh, it's about $60-65 bucks, but it i Start that trip at Youngstown Ohio, it's $78 bucks.

The distance based fares are fine, but NJT really really needs to make their system more public.

-Don't expect passengers to use the website or the info booh in PABT for everything. Clearly state the transfer policy and put zone numbers on schedule timepoints, in addition to the borders on the map.

-Tickets before boarding at PABT: Make it clear that one can buy a one way/round trip bus ticket. Not many transit agencies do this, so if NJT wants to do it, they must say!

-Bus maps: By county (to avoid complexities)

-Fare changes: Either lower the interstate fare or raise the intrastate fare. The gap is too huge right now.

The distance based fares are fine, but NJT really really needs to make their system more public.

-Don't expect passengers to use the website or the info booh in PABT for everything. Clearly state the transfer policy and put zone numbers on schedule timepoints, in addition to the borders on the map.

-Tickets before boarding at PABT: Make it clear that one can buy a one way/round trip bus ticket. Not many transit agencies do this, so if NJT wants to do it, they must say!

-Fare changes: Either lower the interstate fare or raise the intrastate fare. The gap is too huge right now.

With respect, Amtrak, I gotta disagree.

People think that NJT and the PA NY/NJ has some type of agreement or deal where they can get in and out of the Hudson Crossings for cheap. NJT still has to pay for the crossing to get in and out of the City. If NJT kept the zone prices the same for inter and intra, overcrowding on ALL buses will happen and there would be chaos since people rather TAKE THE BUS. Then NJT has to get more buses, more garages, more people, which would make NJT raise the fares MORE. It's a trickle effect that happens if the Interstate fare was lower, even after the port raised the prices to get into NY.

Another thing is fares by county. So you rather pay $4.00 for a trip from NY to Paterson and have the same person pay $4 from NY to Wayne? I would be enraged. I would ask NJT why am I paying more and I'm going a lesser distance. That is why I agree with the fare structure. It is complicated, I agree, but it is the way it is and I don't see NJT changing it in the immediate future.

People think that NJT and the PA NY/NJ has some type of agreement or deal where they can get in and out of the Hudson Crossings for cheap. NJT still has to pay for the crossing to get in and out of the City. If NJT kept the zone prices the same for inter and intra, overcrowding on ALL buses will happen and there would be chaos since people rather TAKE THE BUS. Then NJT has to get more buses, more garages, more people, which would make NJT raise the fares MORE. It's a trickle effect that happens if the Interstate fare was lower, even after the port raised the prices to get into NY.

Another thing is fares by county. So you rather pay $4.00 for a trip from NY to Paterson and have the same person pay $4 from NY to Wayne? I would be enraged. I would ask NJT why am I paying more and I'm going a lesser distance. That is why I agree with the fare structure. It is complicated, I agree, but it is the way it is and I don't see NJT changing it in the immediate future.

I never wanted fares by county. The interstate should still cost more than intrastate, but the gap shouldn't be as huge. Maybe increasing the intrastate rather than lowering the interstate?

The individual counties already make maps go to kmm.org to order the middlesex county one and call em if they have the monmouth map. Also ocean is useless as the oceanride lines aren't worth mapping since they like never run. click here if you must Ocean County Government then click the pdf for the ocean county bus map

Also PM me for the southern NJ maps I can email camden/burlington. And Mercer sadly they stopped that one.

In addition wikipedia has one for essex and morrisdot.org has one for morris but most morris lines are useless anyway I never used one everytime I went to morris county for work audits. No I didn't get rides either.

HUH NJ ppl would rather TAKE THE BUS than drive period for all kinds of travel? How is that?? How would the lower fares cause ppl to abandon driving and crowd the buses?? Wouldn't that make buses run at a profit if their buses got ravaged with overcrowding explain this one. So you are telling me that if interstate fares were lower then PM car traffic would plummet and ppl wouldn't drive to NYC at PM rush and use buses instead?

HUH NJ ppl would rather TAKE THE BUS than drive period for all kinds of travel? How is that?? How would the lower fares cause ppl to abandon driving and crowd the buses?? Wouldn't that make buses run at a profit if their buses got ravaged with overcrowding explain this one. So you are telling me that if interstate fares were lower then PM car traffic would plummet and ppl wouldn't drive to NYC at PM rush and use buses instead?

Let's say NJT decides on making the Interstate fare and Intrastate fare the same price as it is right now. More people would take the bus than drive to work immediately. Where is the extra help? The extra staff? The extra buses? A 45 footer cost between $350K - $450K. Then you have to hire new staff and train them, which costs the company thousands of dollars in training, and then maybe build a new garage to host the buses so they can be ready. That's nearly a few million dollars. If that was to happen, while we have a incompetent governor, we'd be like California: DEAD BROKE.

Let's say NJT decides on making the Interstate fare and Intrastate fare the same price as it is right now. More people would take the bus than drive to work immediately. Where is the extra help? The extra staff? The extra buses? A 45 footer cost between $350K - $450K. Then you have to hire new staff and train them, which costs the company thousands of dollars in training, and then maybe build a new garage to host the buses so they can be ready. That's nearly a few million dollars. If that was to happen, while we have a incompetent governor, we'd be like California: DEAD BROKE.

even for intrastate trips how crowded can those buses get how many ppl will actually switch to the bus? look at the 800 series ppl don't love em what can turn those into sardine cans? let alone the mercer lines.

Archived