Will some if not all R32s move to the (A) during the summer

Andy

I hope not. I cannot not take a far rock to 207 scraping the wall, my feet will fail on me. I heard they want to put the 32's on the (J) and the (J) 160's on the (C) for they run hot and need to be outdoors...From what I heard.

Makes much more sense to do that in the summer since the (J) mainly does run outdoors then.

The 160 should have been on the (C) in the first place (don't run at night so that fixes the mileage issue too), but the 207 barn (not to be confused with the OH shop those are two completely different entities although they are in the same building) isn't readily equipped to deal with them. ENY was as they deal with the 143s for awhile.

Guest lance25

I guess Pitkin is also out of the question, right?

As to the question at hand, it's too early to determine whether there will still be problems with the A/Cs on the R32s, even after the SMS, that would force the trains over to the (A) line.

As to the question at hand, it's too early to determine whether there will still be problems with the A/Cs on the R32s, even after the SMS, that would force the trains over to the (A) line.

Pitkin is the (A) lines shop since the barn at 207th can't hold a 10 car train. It's easier for the (C) ro be shopped there since you don't have to cut the trains down.

That explains what Train Dude said on the "other board" a few months back, in regards to having the (1) be based out of 207th and the (A) and (C) entirely out of Pitkin. 207th's barn can't hold a 600' train, but shouldn't have problems with a 510' train.

I really don't think that flyover is enough if the 1's base is being moved there.

None of the other yards with a shop that has less than two tracks.

I see what you mean, but 240th would still hold trains, just mot maintained there.

Sure it does, it makes perfect sense on why the R-32s run on the (A) Train during every summer year. But, there are 2 questions that might leave us with no answer to them. Why would the (C) Train Line be having 8-car R-32 trains all the time? We should probably make the (C) Train run full 8-car R-46 trains, and full 10-car R-32 trains instead, so that way they wouldn't be overshooting every subway station past their marked stop mark. Don't you all think that the (A) Train line deserve an equal share of full 10-car R-32 and 8-car R-46 trains with the (C)? Think about it, with both the R-32 and R-46 trains reassigned to the (A), and (C) Trains, permanently and indefinitely, it would give subway riders a chance not to run down the platform to catch the (C) Train on time. That's a swell idea to me, right guys and girls?:P

Guest lance25
Sure it does, it makes perfect sense on why the R-32s run on the (A) Train during every summer year. But, there are 2 questions that might leave us with no answer to them. Why would the (C) Train Line be having 8-car R-32 trains all the time? We should probably make the (C) Train run full 8-car R-46 trains, and full 10-car R-32 trains instead, so that way they wouldn't be overshooting every subway station past their marked stop mark. Don't you all think that the (A) Train line deserve an equal share of full 10-car R-32 and 8-car R-46 trains with the (C)? Think about it, with both the R-32 and R-46 trains reassigned to the (A), and (C) Trains, permanently and indefinitely, it would give subway riders a chance not to run down the platform to catch the (C) Train on time. That's a swell idea to me, right guys and girls?:P

The (A) uses 8-car R46s and the (C) 8-car R32s because there aren't enough of the latter for ten-car trains. That's why last summer when the (A) was using the R32s, a ten-car set of R42s from East New York was also running down 8th Avenue. When the R179s are eventually ordered, both the (A) and (C) will be 600 feet long. Whether that's with new 60-foot R160s/R179s or 75-foot R46s is yet to be determined.

They Just Need to Throw them on the (;) and a few on the (R), and let the (C) have mostly R46's and some R160's or whatever, I give Jamaica Credit for one thing, they knew when to run the R32's when they were on the (F) and (R), I don't know why people would want them on the (A), they are a nightmare on the (A) since they have the roll signs

I think that the best place for the R32s is the B line. The R32s would not have to run at late nights and weekends, and the outside portion will give the A/C a break in the summer.

Plus the express run in lower Manhattan and Brooklyn means less acceleration and braking cycles, putting less strain on the equipment.

I would like to see them on the (A) or (:(. What DJ Hammers said before about the (B) makes sense, in order to put less strain on them put them on the (B), but that means the R68s would go to the (A) and/or (C). You might see alot of this: :drool: lol

Much as I'd love to see R32s on the (:( again, it's not going to happen as I doubt CI will want to take on another train type. Yes you can make the (B) all R32s and trade out an equal amount of R68/a's, but it still means parts CI needs to carry for just one train type. At least at Pitkin they have just the R32s and R46s.

Coney Island,jamaica and 207th has parts for the R32s Jamaica might have gotten rid of the parts and shipped them to 207th but 207th is not gonna to have all of the R32s for the next 7 years the TA do not even know what they are doing with the R42s since they are not on the list to get sms, if they decided to scrap the R42s the R32s will be their replacement, coney island has 10 R32s for work service and they do work on them cars, but like I always said the R32s needs to be spreaded out btwn 207th,Jamaica and coney island who cares about the Parts all 3 of these yards have parts and exprience with these cars

For Jamaica run them on the F and R mainly on the F to bump off the R46s and and the rest on the R run them during the rush hours and weekends (that's how they ran them like that when they were at Jamaica)

Coney Island run them on the B with an ocassional set on the Q on the weekends (to even out the mileage on the 160s)

207th run them on the A for lefferts blvd rush hour put in service and rock park service, the lefferts put ins are the best choice they would run in both am and pm rush they would run until 12 am

This would balance out they mileage on the R32s

That's even worse. Why spread out the R32s? Yes I understand they are old cars, but the (C) isn't that heavily used and isn't as demanding a line. Even if the R32s are 10% of the fleet in each yard, that can be a problem if those trains can't be fixed in time or they don't have the parts on hand. Having them all in one place makes the most sense since they represent at least 40-45% of the fleet at Pitkin-207th.

Guest lance25

Remember, each yard only works with one or two types of cars to cut down on maintenance costs. East New York's the only exception to the rule with the R42s, R143s and R160s, but the latter two aren't all that dissimilar. Sending the R32s everywhere means that either some yards have to take on an entirely different car class than they're currently dealing with or they would have to transport those cars to already capable yards to maintain them. And that hikes up the operating costs since someone has to move them.

I'm all for nostalgia, but nostalgia has to take a backseat to practicality sometimes.

Archived