New Years Underground Bang!(Imagination)

pjbr40

Wouldn't it be cool if all the train drivers blow their horn at midnight for ten long second blast(tunnel area only)? I can imagine their 2012 noise underground.

Who up for them to do this excitement?

I know it against their rules and blah blah blah!!! Just polling who want to have this favor!

Wouldn't it be cool if all the train drivers blow their horn at midnight for ten long second blast(tunnel area only)? I can imagine their 2012 noise underground.

Who up for them to do this excitement?

I know it against their rules and blah blah blah!!! Just polling who want to have this favor!

sounds interesting & pretty much everybody in NYC is up, so no worry for making noise, hell you can even do it on certain portions of EL, like on the (2) by Pelham Pkway.

93868a469409821d2559884c4bf8d11d.JPG

This a thread that revolves around imagination (that's probably why imagination is in parentheses), you shouldn't be adding the realism element into this thread. He is presenting us with a HYPOTHETICAL situation, not a real one. He also said, "wouldn't it be cool if the train drivers blow their horn at midnight" this means that he is aware that the situation CANNOT happen. The phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" is applicable in this situation.

thank dan for the backup on your comment. these people need to read the word carefully like they do in other thread. there are way too many of you are too strict with yourself when thread is tarted was aware it impossible or agains the rules.

I came up with this idea because if they can make all the noise at times square, why not imagine ourselves if they do it al around the subway system. Kamen remember IMAGINE!!!!!!!

I think I see this year's New Years celebration thread...

I think the only problem with this idea is that I don't think all of the T/O's clocks are exactly on time (few seconds off), so you would have all the trains going off at different times :P.

This a thread that revolves around imagination (that's probably why imagination is in parentheses), you shouldn't be adding the realism element into this thread. He is presenting us with a HYPOTHETICAL situation, not a real one. He also said, "wouldn't it be cool if the train drivers blow their horn at midnight" this means that he is aware that the situation CANNOT happen. The phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" is applicable in this situation.

There's an issue with this logic. I like to think that I have a pretty good imagination -- I write a lot of fiction, and I come up with ideas for stories way faster than I can write them down. And in my imagination, I can come up with a lot of bad ideas. So I can imagine all the T/Os blowing their horns at once, and I can imagine how awful it would be.

He asked a question, "wouldn't it be cool?", and while I will agree with you, Dan, that some of the rudeness -- large font size, bold, and exclamation points was probably over the top -- was unnecessary, he received an honest answer. No, it would not be cool.

Why would anyone be on the subway right at midnight?

Believe it or not some people have work and need to get home, second everyone don't celebrate this as there new year. Ever heard of Chinese new year, or Rosh Hashanah which Jewish people celebrate. I could go on but i think you get the point.

There's an issue with this logic. I like to think that I have a pretty good imagination -- I write a lot of fiction, and I come up with ideas for stories way faster than I can write them down. And in my imagination, I can come up with a lot of bad ideas. So I can imagine all the T/Os blowing their horns at once, and I can imagine how awful it would be.

He asked a question, "wouldn't it be cool?", and while I will agree with you, Dan, that some of the rudeness -- large font size, bold, and exclamation points was probably over the top -- was unnecessary, he received an honest answer. No, it would not be cool.

I'm fully aware of the logic issue, but I decided to comment on this thread to address an issue that is prevalent in this forum. That issue is one revolving around maturity and respecting other people's ideas. Many people (on this forum and in general) have a hard time just saying no. They have to come up with unnecessary methods of saying no. Also by coming up with this crude way of saying no they are discouraging new people from actually participating on the forum. It is your responsibility as a member of an online forum that is focused around a specific topic of interest to accept the fact that some people think in "different" ways then you do. It is also your responsibility to critique other peoples ideas and decide whether or not they are logical. When you critique ideas you have to keep in mind that people do not learn if they are criticized, they learn when they understand why their idea are not logical.That aside, parts of this forum are not conducive to learning, they are geared more towards bullying and harassing people. Moderators on this forum should do more to address this problem if they want this "community" to flourish.

Believe it or not some people have work and need to get home, second everyone don't celebrate this as there new year. Ever heard of Chinese new year, or Rosh Hashanah which Jewish people celebrate. I could go on but i think you get the point.

If they don't celebrate New Years then why should the train operators force it upon them with honking their horns at midnight? I could go on but i think you get the point.

Figured I'd ask..

You weren't conducting the Manhattan bound F train at 4:27 leaving 15th street in Brooklyn, were you?

4:27pm? I was getting dressed for work.

4:27am? I was practicing on how to make a baby. Why Someone hit you with the doors?

The (N) was PACKED going back to Astoria after 2AM as well (the last one I saw around 330 was crush loaded IRT Lex style). I only picked up crowds at Union Sq and from making connections with the (N) going south. I was told the (F) was packed along club row from Church - 34th Herald Sq. As you know there are "GO" or "ball drop" crews that provide the extra service. Maybe it should be considered that every other (Q) (which would be the ones operated by ball drop crews) go to Astoria, as I had about 2 hours of nothing at the end (most of it was the layup, but I still got back to Stillwell with about 75 mins before I could leave). The extra service on the (N) went through the tunnel to Manhattan (as it does late nite anyway) so there was no need for the (R). The (D) went thru the bypass later than usual.

Why would anyone be on the subway right at midnight?

I actually ushered in the year 2000 on the train. Got stuck on the (2) right before 149-GC for about 90 minutes.

but then again, it was my first time on the R142 (back when they were considered "new") and the C/R even told us happy new years, so IDK if that's a good thing or not

4:27pm? I was getting dressed for work.

4:27am? I was practicing on how to make a baby. Why Someone hit you with the doors?

LMAO!!!!!!!! think of the children reading this

Archived