Westchester County Beeline Bus Route #76 will end its service

MetroNorth2011

76 in it's form was a weak route and NEVER CARRIED WELL. The 76 should have been a rush hour shuttle to MNRR BUT had poor service rendering it useless to commuters BL is full of shit!!!!!!!

None of the 13 buses will operate the full route. The 13 that depart from Ossining only go to Rye R.R station. The buses that go into Rye originate from the Rye R.R Sta. So you have a Shuttle route serving Rye called the 13 and a route from Ossining to Rye called the 13 as well. That will only make people confused at Rye R.R Station. Makes no sense. I thought they were extending 13 buses from Rye R.R sta into Rye, not having two separate services serving totally different areas (except for the connection at Rye R.R sta between the two) as one label. Let's see the outcome

None of the 13 buses will operate the full route. The 13 that depart from Ossining only go to Rye R.R station. The buses that go into Rye originate from the Rye R.R Sta. So you have a Shuttle route serving Rye called the 13 and a route from Ossining to Rye called the 13 as well. That will only make people confused at Rye R.R Station. Makes no sense. I thought they were extending 13 buses from Rye R.R sta into Rye, not having two separate services serving totally different areas (except for the connection at Rye R.R sta between the two) as one label. Let's see the outcome

Actually, rye/playland buses go to/from port chester r.r. My question is will those short runs operate to playland on weekends when the park opens?

According to here it say that select trips on the 13 will extend to the Playland:

Bee-Line

Effective January 2, the Route 76 has been cancelled. In its place, selected trips on the Route 13 will be extended to Rye and Playland.

Bee-Line buses and ParaTransit will operate on a Sunday schedule on New Year's Day and a Saturday schedule on Jan. 2.

The timetable could be an an error of course. I've seen few errors on the timetable for other routes. Same for the map.

And even tho it maybe long, remember that there are short turns for Tarrytown.

Actually, rye/playland buses go to/from port chester r.r. My question is will those short runs operate to playland on weekends when the park opens?

It might just bypass it, if its not open.

I'm gonna check this routing next week and post an update.

The way they list it on the schedule is rather misleading.... it makes it appear as if as soon as a 13 touches down in port chester, it'll drop whoever's left off there... then pick right back up again & head towards rye & playland....

I don't know what to make of this, since what's posted on their service alert about it:

"Effective January 2, the Route 76 has been cancelled. In its place, selected trips on the Route 13 will be extended to Rye and Playland."

...and how the schedule is laid out, suggests two very different things.

The 13 will be extended on 3/5/12 when the new pick begins. Can't extend trips now because of interlining, so for now it will be a 13 "shuttle" bus replacing the 76.

Tales of a 20-Year Bee-Line Commuter - Straphangers.Org Rider Diaries

That is like having something lodged in your throat with the 13 Extention now

Archived