Busing along Brooklyn 12/30/11

MattTrain

I found new buses again today, this time most of the focus is on the B6 route.

First the Orion 7 3G on the B6 numbered 7035

056.jpg

055.jpg

Orion 7 3rd Gen on the B74

072.jpg

New Flyer XD40 on the B6. Two of them were out numbered 4841 and 4843

103.jpg

098.jpg

Here's the interior of the XD40 4843

095.jpg

104.jpg

111.jpg

109.jpg

116.jpg132.jpg

And on the B68, with a new C40

139.jpg141.jpg

155.jpg

To see the rest go here.

Great photos and catches!

Thank you very much.

In my turf son ! Lol , good shots !

Ulmer Park Depot is the closest depot to home for me, however it's not within a reasonable walking distance for most, but for me it takes like 40 minutes to get there from walking or just a short B1 bus ride from home will do.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Thank you very much.

Ulmer Park Depot is the closest depot to home for me, however it's not within a reasonable walking distance for most, but for me it takes like 40 minutes to get there from walking or just a short B1 bus ride from home will do.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Same for me , its 10 from my house by car , by bus its 15 if the driver takes his time . But im moving across the street from the depot , well i might im not sure yet . I'm only moving there because its by the bus and its easier for me to get to my school .

Same for me , its 10 from my house by car , by bus its 15 if the driver takes his time . But im moving across the street from the depot , well i might im not sure yet . I'm only moving there because its by the bus and its easier for me to get to my school .

15 minutes from Brighton Beach/Coney Island Avs (I usually board the B1 there to 25 Av/86 St, and then a 5 minute walk from there to the depot) is usually how I go.

Ahh cool, you go to school near the bus depot or do you have to transfer less from bus to bus?

And btw this is the interior of the Orion 7 3G I got on today on the B6. It was packed when I boarded the bus.

052.jpg

Great pics! MattTrain, what do you think of the new buses and what's your favorite?

Thank you very much, Princelex. This was my first time riding a Orion 7 3G and a New Flyer XD40. I think these buses are really cool.

Now interior wise, I like the New Flyer XD40 better because it seems so roomy in the back. There doesn't seem to be much standing room on the Orion 7 3G because of the way the seats are set up in the back (all seats are facing forward, with a pair of seats raised up because of the wheels)

The C40LF (newer ones) are better than the old ones, interior wise also, the seating arrangement is almost the same as the old one, except that the one person seats are on the left side of the bus.

In the end though, the LFS is still my favorite because of the back window and the conversation seats.

Well shoot man. Awesomeness at it's finest. Give em some applause.

watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Thanks a lot for the applause. Glad you like the photos. :cool:

Archived