How is the new N.I.C.E service?

No paint jobs yet only a patches saying its NiCE around each bus. I saw N20 destination sign like this N20 N20 N20 N20 across the top. The inside announcements still say

"Thank you for riding Long Island Bus"

Yea, I've seen that bus too. That's not on purpose, its a broken destination sign for anyone wondering.

From what I saw today they basically left everything as is, destination signs and everything, just slapping the NICE logo in several places, and

100_6623.jpg

new DOT identification. (1700 series bus, didn't catch the number as I had stuff to do. On a side note I'm interested to see what these tags look like on the 1800s)

It was point blank horrible. Many missing buses, though all buses I got were still in MTA scheme and they were MOVING! So it wasn't that bad. I only saw one Orion V out and about still in MTA paint but had a NICE patch on it, it was not in service and rolled right pass Hempstead.

After hearing about the wheelchair accident...forget it! EVIL gets a thumbs down from me :tdown:

Just because there was one incident, doesn't mean that there will be more issues in the future. :confused:

More can happen, or maybe not. We just gotta wait.

I personally can't rate it yet because I rather wait an entire year for reviews and my own personal experience.

Just because there was one incident, doesn't mean that there will be more issues in the future. :confused:

More can happen, or maybe not. We just gotta wait.

I personally can't rate it yet because I rather wait an entire year for reviews and my own personal experience.

I just find it inexcusable. Yeah accidents happen but something like this to happen just leaves you wondering. I'll still give EVIL a chance but I'm not too optimistic about it all.

I am sure I will see more reports on NICE performance in next few days.

On new years day (about 10am), I ran for over 2 hrs on the northern blvd. In both directions, I saw a total of 3 NICE buses go by. Could be combo of holiday & missed buses.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, I stopped by Whole Foods Market in Manhassett and 18:05 N20 Flushing out of Hicksville never show up at Northern Blvd/Port Washington Blvd, so got on 18:30 N21 Flushing which got overcrowded at Great Neck Station. There was very NICE Male B/O. For moment when I got on he had his jacket on, so I thought NICE Uniform are not available yet, but I notice NICE uniform underneath his jacket. I guess NICE Uniform is not warm.

When bus travel in Queens, one Chinese lady got on and he said following:

B/O: Excuse me, we don't pick up here.

When she try to leave bus

B/O: Are you cold?

Chinese lady nod.

B/O: Come on it.

That was NICE thing to do for her since weather was freezing cold.

Archived