NICE Bus 1816

RH6291

And you can use your regular metro card? how does it work over there I have no clue. never taken a long is bus, I just worked for l.i.b in 1999 before metro cards were on them.

(MTA) is leasing the fareboxes and 1760-1839 from what I've been told. Metrocard is still accepted as a form of payment next to change.

Wheelchair demo passenger fell off the lift:

Woman in wheelchair hurt in LI bus fall | 7online.com

Newsday images:

image.JPG

image.JPG

The ramps are designed to lower on to the sideway not the road, they should never be that steep of a drop like that. Thats how these kinds of things happen. Veolia should know better then that

Wheelchair demo passenger fell off the lift:

Woman in wheelchair hurt in LI bus fall | 7online.com

Newsday images:

image.JPG

image.JPG

Wow. Well I guess they are getting started on the lawsuits early. If you look at the picture, notice that only 1 guy actually reacted and ran to help the woman. Everyone else is standing around like a bunch of jerks.

• 1 month later...

Doesnt it take 5-6 hours to wrap the average bus.

Lets say 6 hours to wrap a bus.

4 buses would be warraped in a day.

28 buses would be wrapped in a week.

112 buses would be wrapped in 4 weeks

140 buses would be wrapped in 35 days.

The wrapping would have been over by now.

And if only two buses were done a day the wrapping would've ended in March

Your assuming that there are people 24 hours a day to wrap these buses when in fact that is anything but true.

The speed at which they are wrapping the buses has to due with cost consciousness as well as having the funding, I would assume.

It's like sure, you could change your entire wardrobe today, but you may not have all of the money necessary. You'd have to wait as you get your paychecks to purchase new clothing. So Veolia has to wait as they collect fares, get money from Nassau, Fed Govt, advertising, etc, to either purchase and/or install the wraps.

And if only two buses were done a day the wrapping would've ended in March

Your assuming that there are people 24 hours a day to wrap these buses when in fact that is anything but true.

That would also be assuming that wrapping/painting the buses is a top priority. Nice new livery doesn't impact service, the NICE stickers and "operated by" stickers do the legal job. How many buses can they take of service to be painted/wrapped before they have to worry about missing runs if other buses break down. Other members have posted about a lot of breakdowns, how'd you feel about standing in the cold for an hour because NICE officials felt having an extra 4 buses out of service to be wrapped/painted was better than having buses around if needed?

So Veolia has to wait as they collect fares, get money from Nassau, Fed Govt, advertising, etc, to either purchase and/or install the wraps.

To me the clue is that NICE has already said they are waiting on funding to replace the bus stop signs, so I assume they are waiting on funding to wrap the buses.

That would also be assuming that wrapping/painting the buses is a top priority. Nice new livery doesn't impact service, the NICE stickers and "operated by" stickers do the legal job. How many buses can they take of service to be painted/wrapped before they have to worry about missing runs if other buses break down. Other members have posted about a lot of breakdowns, how'd you feel about standing in the cold for an hour because NICE officials felt having an extra 4 buses out of service to be wrapped/painted was better than having buses around if needed?

It's probably better that they do it on weekends as less buses are needed then.

To me the clue is that NICE has already said they are waiting on funding to replace the bus stop signs, so I assume they are waiting on funding to wrap the buses.

I thought they already had unused grant funds for that?

I thought they already had unused grant funds for that?

Oops that's right, I guess my memory isn't what it used to be.

It's probably better that they do it on weekends as less buses are needed then.

Does anyone know if NICE is doing this work themselves, brought in people or a company to do this, or are these buses being brought somewhere to do this?

I wonder if we are going to see more buses that have been wrapped popping up and how often? 1816 was obviously just done up to have something to show off for the news covering Veolia being the new operator of the system.

(MTA) is leasing the fareboxes and 1760-1839 from what I've been told. Metrocard is still accepted as a form of payment next to change.

I heard plenty of times from multiple people that Nassau owns all the buses, that includes 1760-1839.

I heard plenty of times from multiple people that Nassau owns all the buses, that includes 1760-1839.

Alright. Lets get this straight ONE more time, this being the last.

ALL the Orion Vs and buses 170-1759 ONLY are owned by the county. 1760-1839 are being LEASED to the county for NICE Use. In a addition the fareboxes are on lease as well. Last time we're gunna argue that.

Alright. Lets get this straight ONE more time, this being the last.

ALL the Orion Vs and buses 170-1759 ONLY are owned by the county. 1760-1839 are being LEASED to the county for NICE Use. In a addition the fareboxes are on lease as well. Last time we're gunna argue that.

What about the new delivery thats coming?

Out of curiosity where does this information come from? And don't all of the buses say "owned by Nassau County operated by Veolia"?

If so, that could be like if you leased a car, you still would be the registered owner although the dealer/bank actually owned it. (I believe)

Archived