Conductor Arrested for Assault, Harrassment of Man (18)

sovetskii52

A subway conductor got arrested for punching a boy on the R train for putting his feet up on a seat on New Years Day. What a way to start off the new year.

Subway conductor arrested for punching teenage boy*on New Year

As much as I understand the Conductor's anxiety I can't side with his actions. Also they guy is 18, that's a misleading title...

Yeah he's in the wrong, but I support his actions unofficially. These folks need to learn proper etiquette and the subway is not your personal home. Keep you feet on the ground. :mad: I bet that guy will think twice next time he goes to stretch out on a subway. LOL Pow, right in the kisser. :)

A C/R or crew punching or touching anyone is unacceptable. If he/she doesn't like it, call RCC and report it.

TBH the rule on putting your feet or leg on a seat doesn't seem to be enforced. Mostly in non crowded trains.

Conductor is 1000% in the wrong. If assaulting an MTA employee can land you 7 years in jail, I don't see why it doesn't work both ways?

More like a suspension or termination with the system.

But the victim can sue which could lead to a few months or up to a year in Jail. Just a punch really doesn't get you that far, unless severe.

I noticed they said 36th St Queens (not 36th St Brooklyn) in the news article. Was the R train running between Forest Hills and 95th St Brooklyn at 3:30am last night? (Probably just a Forest Hills to Canal St R train?) Normally you're lucky if it goes 36th to 95th (or 59th to 95th) as a shuttle at that hour.

I support the conductors actions 1000%. People need to take their poor etiquette elsewhere!

Well down here there are rules to follow, the same rules customers have to follow. If rules are broken then as a MTA employee it is your job to contact your superiors for they will direct the proper agencies to the situation. That conductor thought he was a tough guy and now his ass is out of a job, and could probably face lawsuits. Police handle these situations.

If someone came up to him and told him someone was doing something wrong in the train he is trained on what to do. The last thing I'm doing is getting into any type of altercation with anyone over stupid shit. Any problems, let the police handle it.

Sounds like this guy had some anger issues boiling up, or there is more to the story. How did he even see the boy had his feet up if he is supposed to be in the cab? Did someone complain about him? It's not like he needs to switch cab positions like in an R-32 or something.

I support the conductors actions 1000%. People need to take their poor etiquette elsewhere!

So you should get popped in the face for putting your feet on a seat? How would you like someone smacking you for not holding a door for them?

People need to take their poor etiquette elsewhere!

I completely agree with you on this. People need to have manners & need to treat the subway as if it was their own. Not throwing garbage on the ground, putting feet on seats, etc.

I support the conductors actions 1000%

This I will completely disagree with you. One time I was on an (F) in Queens & there were a few people putting their feet on the seats & one guy went over to them & told them to get their feet off, aggressively & you know what, they listened to him! & he didn't lay a hand on them.

I noticed they said 36th St Queens (not 36th St Brooklyn) in the news article. Was the R train running between Forest Hills and 95th St Brooklyn at 3:30am last night? (Probably just a Forest Hills to Canal St R train?) Normally you're lucky if it goes 36th to 95th (or 59th to 95th) as a shuttle at that hour.

i was out around 2 am and they was an occasional R train..dont know how long they ran for tho

Still he could have had contacted the transit cops at the next station or at wherever.

Still doesn't change the fact that your previous post was 100% invalid. And as a C/R I wouldn't have bothered paying attention to the issue anyway unless it escalated into a rather ugly situation between him and another passenger.

Actually, you're considered a teenager from thirteen to nineteen.

Duh! The original thread title stated "...for punching a boy." I imagined someone maybe 15 or under but in America the number 18 is the imaginary number that separates men from boys for some reason...

well that still does not give a right to lay your hands on him now that conductor might get suspended terminated or demoted to a cleaner maybe who know but if i was there i would have said something to the conductor and yelled at him i would have said u know now u will most likely lose your job if i was the conductor i would have yelled at him like get your feet off the seats this is not your house

Archived