MTA Orion Vll NG 3G 7xxx

aaron1992

I got a question... Why do the manufacturers put that silver thingy where the orange lights are at right over the signage part of the bus? What is it's purpose? The (MTA) always has that part painted over in white when they re-pain the bus, so why not just put it in white to begin with? :confused:

On the 3G, the air vents are on the ceiling, not in the back?

Yea

All Diesel EPA2010 buses have roof mounted to accommodate the filters and such in that compartment where the AC would normally be

I got a question... Why do the manufacturers put that silver thingy where the orange lights are at right over the signage part of the bus? What is it's purpose? The (MTA) always has that part painted over in white when they re-pain the bus, so why not just put it in white to begin with? :confused:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that strip is there to protect the leading edge of the fiberglass roof from being damaged by it smacking against tree limbs and such.

How does the (MTA) choose which interior to put in the bus? Specifically, with the number of seats, why does the LFS have what looks like the same exact interior as the 3G, but with significantly fewer seats. So many passengers and B/O's on the (Q46) have complained about it on the LFS and the Excesior.

On the 3G, the air vents are on the ceiling, not in the back?

That's only on the 3G diesel and hybrid. The HVAC remains in the rear for the CNG models.

Yea

All Diesel EPA2010 buses have roof mounted to accommodate the filters and such in that compartment where the AC would normally be

Not all. It was up to the manufacturer's. When the EPA10 buses came out most all the manufacturer's decided to free up space in the rear for the DPF and exhaust systems. Gillig however found space to keep the HVAC in the rear of the bus. All the other guys went to the roof. MTS went to the roof as soon as they took over RTS ops.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that strip is there to protect the leading edge of the fiberglass roof from being damaged by it smacking against tree limbs and such.

Yep.

How does the (MTA) choose which interior to put in the bus? Specifically, with the number of seats, why does the LFS have what looks like the same exact interior as the 3G, but with significantly fewer seats. So many passengers and B/O's on the (Q46) have complained about it on the LFS and the Excesior.

Agencies choose seating based on many different variables. In the case of MTA, they have pretty much used American Seating forever. Recently, and most notably on the test buses, they have been trying out the 4One Seating, with the same basic interior trim and Altro flooring.

Because the buses are built different, the seating is varied slightly.

Well quite frankly I prefer those. I mean those Next Generation buses just have nowhere to stand comfortably aside from being in the doorway and then that bloody announcement keeps coming on about not standing there. I care more about getting to my destination quicker than having a seat. I don't mind standing, but I want to be able to stand without people being all on top of me. Drives me nuts. I need my space. :mad:

Well quite frankly I prefer those. I mean those Next Generation buses just have nowhere to stand comfortably aside from being in the doorway and then that bloody announcement keeps coming on about not standing there. I care more about getting to my destination quicker than having a seat. I don't mind standing, but I want to be able to stand without people being all on top of me. Drives me nuts. I need my space. :mad:

lmfaoo seriously, surprissenly imo the ngs have way more standing room in the rear. yea yu got it tho that announcement give me a headache and the idiot that stand in front the door with heaphones on.. my god i be wanting to pop there head off

lmfaoo seriously, surprissenly imo the ngs have way more standing room in the rear. yea yu got it tho that announcement give me a headache and the idiot that stand in front the door with heaphones on.. my god i be wanting to pop there head off

What is with that announcement? They must be very worried about someone falling out of the bus, I guess since the doors open with even a gently push on those doors.

What is with that announcement? They must be very worried about someone falling out of the bus, I guess since the doors open with even a gently push on those doors.

It's not that. If you push hard enough on the rear doors, the interlock enables and it will stop the bus.

I'm happy seeing that the O7s are going back to the all forward facing rear seats again. I never liked the 'u-shaped' design. People are 'hesitant' going to the back to stand. They may as well just put more seats there and fill up the space. I don't like how the left side is now 1 seat and the right 2 seaters. Right away that's a loss of 2 seats. It's almost [last seat on the left side is a 2-seater, so overall loss of 1 seat] like the configuration in 4229 at Flatbush.

If they really wanted more standing room, then they could've just made the front section 1x1 seating or have them all be interior facing seats and just the back forward facing. But that's just me.

• 1 month later...
It's not that. If you push hard enough on the rear doors, the interlock enables and it will stop the bus.

Right. That's happened twice on the RTS' I've driven where the idiot who sees me pulling off from a bus stop, and instead of alerting me that you want to get off, he decides to push on the back doors (like that's gonna help) and the bus came to a halt. f**kiing idiots.

And the thing I wonder about is, one of the guys had a baby in his hands, so just say there was no interlock and you the doors actually did open while the bus is in motion, did you plan on jumping out while in a moving bus, with a baby? Again, f**kiing idiots.

Archived