Q32 Question

BM5 via Woodhaven

Shouldn't there be a bus that travels most of Roosevelt Avenue, such as the (Q32). I think that the Q32 should originate at Roosevelt Avenue & Main Street, take the Q48 routing until 108 street, then all Roosevelt Avenue until 82 street, then the current pattern.This would benefit the Q32 in two ways:

1: Benefits (7) riders when G.Os are happening, in which the (7) goes express in a direction

2:Closer to Casey Stengel Depot so B/O doesn't have to deadhead from Northern Boulevard.

Shouldn't there be a bus that travels most of Roosevelt Avenue, such as the (Q32). I think that the Q32 should originate at Roosevelt Avenue & Main Street, take the Q48 routing until 108 street, then all Roosevelt Avenue until 82 street, then the current pattern.This would benefit the Q32 in two ways:

1: Benefits (7) riders when G.Os are happening, in which the (7) goes express in a direction

2:Closer to Casey Stengel Depot so B/O doesn't have to deadhead from Northern Boulevard.

It's not really a good idea. G.O.'s on the (7)<7> line don't happen that often (until CBTC installation begins, and then that's a completely different story.) The (MTA) often provides a shuttle bus when it's down between Flushing-Main St and 74th St-Broadway. When there is a G.O. that requires the (7) to run express in one direction, people just take that train to the nearest stop, and then reverse transfer to get to their stop-and they do it w/o a problem. It works fine the way it is.

Also, the Q32 is very slow when it runs along Roosevelt Ave, because it's stuck in traffic in a very a narrow street- a big reason why the Q32 gets delayed often and bunches up. Deadheading through Northern Blvd is more quicker then going though Roosevelt Ave because it's wider and it has less traffic- so buses can make it to CS Deport quicker. I would do what you want to do with Q32 (by running it through Roosevelt) but instead doing it through Northern-it already runs through there anyway (going back and forth from the deport), so why not make it stop along Northern- it would provide much need service along Northern, where Q66 service is terrible.

It not good idea.

That would make Q32 more longer waits with motorists because it's two lane.

Remember during last year blizzard, when Q33 and Q47 buses were making detour via Junction Blvd, Roosevelt Av was heavy traffic, plus snowy condition.

Most Q32 riders are just take (7)(E)(F)M)®/LIRR depends where they go.

My museum friend driving under Roosevelt Av EL takes more than 30 minutes just to go for few blocks.

I agree (7) G.O. doesn't happen often.

Between Flushing-Main St & 111th St- Q48

103rd St: Q48 and Q23 connection at Ditmars Blvd or Q58 & Q23 at 108th St.

Junction Blvd: Q48 and Q72 or Q58 & Q72 at Junction Blvd/Corona Av.

90th St: Q48 & Q49- walking distance.

82nd St: Q48 and Q33 and Q58 and Q29.

82nd-74th Sts: Q32, Q33.

74th-69th Sts: Q32 and Q47.

74th-61st Sts: Q32, Q47, Q53.

82nd St-Queensboro Plaza: Q32.

The very last thing Main Street needs is another bus.

It would be more logical to merge it with the Q33, a one seat ride to Midtown. Slow boat to china, but still.

both are very bad ideas the Q32 is duplicate and therefore is slow. Q33 folk will RIOT if their line was merged with Q32. Q32 to flushing = WTF ARE YOU THINKING not directed at you kamen rider.

Aside from having a route parallel ALL of the (7) in Queens... and essentially screwing riders heading to/from manhattan....

(don't give me that bit about the option of takin the 7 into manhattan, or xferring to the Q60 either)

Out of flushing, people will still take Q66's over Q32's anyway...

the Q66 & the Q19 is all that's really needed out of flushing to serve those general areas....

So no, there shouldn't be a bus that parallels Roosevelt av. like that....

I'd take the Q66 more if it didn't make like every damn stop along Northern... It's only worth riding at late night because of that

What's funny about that is, the flushing bound Q66 isn't as bad; that I can tolerate.... buses towards QBP though, you're right, buses tend to stop at like every stop b/w flushing & the 70's (street).....

during met home games though.... man, I aint touchin that route w/ a 10 foot pole - in either direction....

What's funny about that is, the flushing bound Q66 isn't as bad; that I can tolerate.... buses towards QBP though, you're right, buses tend to stop at like every stop b/w flushing & the 70's (street).....

during met home games though.... man, I aint touchin that route w/ a 10 foot pole - in either direction....

It has coodies why not a Q66 LTD??

both are very bad ideas the Q32 is duplicate and therefore is slow. Q33 folk will RIOT if their line was merged with Q32. Q32 to flushing = WTF ARE YOU THINKING

I'm assuming that you are saying this after a bunch of people shut down your original plan....

I can co-sign with this. I once had to take the 66 to the 32 because of signal problems on the (7). What should've been a short ride became a friggin 25-30 minute ride!

Archived